Last week, Tamara Leigh nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award. I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been able to respond until now.
I am very humbled to be nominated for this very prestigious award from Tamara Leigh: The Kitchen Novelist. I am truly grateful that she and others find my blog inspiring. I am blessed when others actually make my recipes and let me know how well they turned out. I am refreshed when followers or visitors to my blog comment about a recipe, the pictures, content or style of a post. I am thrilled with every “like” and those who send copies of my posts to family members so they can make some of my favorite recipes. It is certainly very precious indeed to be recognized as inspiring by others. Thank you, Tamara, for graciously extending such a wonderful award to me.
For some of you who have not met Tamara Leigh: The Kitchen Novelist, I invite you to visit her website and check out some of her fantastic recipes. Her pictures are amazing. You want to eat (or drink) everything she posts! She also writes with a lot of humor—something I don’t do well, although I can sure appreciate it from others!
RULES FOR THE AWARD:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate 15 bloggers to receive the award.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
NOMINATIONS FOR BLOGGERS WHO HAVE INSPIRED ME:
2. Cindy Knoke
13. Say the Blessing
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT TERESA AT “CAN’T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN”
1. I didn’t know how to cook when I got married. My husband taught me how to cook, even though my mom was a fabulous cook and wonderful housekeeper. He helped me get over my fear of cooking.
2. I’m an avid thrift shopper. I love finding deals at thrift shops and have since I was a very young girl when my mom worked in a thrift shop for her church. I also enjoy taking others along with me so they can find good deals too!
3. I’m a tree lover. I love having mature trees on our property — which is one of reasons we bought this home we currently live in. Our backyard is like a canopy – breathtaking and beautiful when all the leaves are on the trees. When the leaves change colors in the fall that is even more beautiful. It is not quite as beautiful as what we had when we lived in New England, but still pretty.
4. I recently received a Master’s Degree in Divinity with concentrations in Church History and Historical Theology and Biblical Languages from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. It took me 4 grueling years to finish but it was a wonderful experience. I wish every Christian had this kind of opportunity because there is so much to learn. I found it to be a very valuable and worthwhile journey.
5. I love watching Dallas Mavericks basketball (even though last year was a flop)! Go Dirk Nowitzky!
6. I’m a news addict. I love reading political commentaries and online journals on my iPhone or iPad. I’m usually inspired by them to pray in specific ways for our country or leaders.
7. I’ve been asked to provide 4th-6th graders in our church 6 to 8 weeks of cooking lessons! Yee haw!
Thanks again, Tamara, for this nomination. You can see this award also on my Award page.