2013 – Gluten Free Living
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes are a great way to enjoy pancakes without the gluten! I promised you more gluten free pancake recipes and here’s another. As you know, I love pancakes–whether plain or with all the goop on top! This is a simple pancake recipe that includes chocolate chips in the batter with maple syrup drizzled over top.
It’s just enough sweetness for me. If you’re a chocolate chip fan you will love these pancakes. In fact, I think chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite of all pancakes though I am trying to wean myself and use more fruits instead. For those of you who really want a chocolate fix, feel free to sprinkle more chocolate chips on top of your pancakes, if you desire.
These are quick and easy to assemble too. My only recommendation is that you press the chocolate chips down into the batter with your fingers (or the back of a fork) after you drop them over top of the pancake batter in the skillet or griddle. This prevents them from burning or sticking on the bottom of the pan when you flip the pancakes over.
If you’re looking for a great recipe for Saturday or Sunday breakfasts, consider these great tasting pancakes. They are such a treat! Your kids will be so happy you indulged them in this delicious breakfast. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes are almost a guilt-free pleasure. Except for the chocolate chips the recipe is almost healthy! 🙂
When I first posted this recipe in March 2013, I was still using an iPhone for a camera. I’ve been going back through all my first-year recipes and remaking them so I can retake pictures so that they look more attractive and pleasurable to the eye. I recently remade these pancakes for breakfast (May 2015) and retook the pictures. I think these pictures do a little more justice to such splendid pancakes. 🙂
We love Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes–and this gluten free recipe is excellent.
Your kids will polish off these pancakes in no time!
This recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes makes 5 pancakes – enough for two people. You will have to double or triple the recipe if you are making for a large family.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place GF pancake mix in a mixing bowl. Add an egg and canola oil.
Add vanilla and milk.
Whisk ingredients together.
Pour batter into pan. Top with chocolate chips. I used about 15-20 chocolate chips in each pancake. Press chocolate chips down into the pancake with your finger or the back of a fork (a better option 🙂 ). This will prevent the chocolate chips from sticking to the bottom of the pan and scorching when you flip the pancakes.
When I turned the pancakes over the chocolate chips didn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and make a mess.
Stack chocolate chip pancakes on a plate. Garnish with more chocolate chips if desired.
Drizzle with maple syrup (though it’s more expensive it’s so much healthier than corn syrup).
You will drool over every bite of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
(My own concoction)
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/” target=”_blank”]Pamela’s[/url] gluten free pancake mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 egg
- chocolate chips (about 15-20 on each 5” pancake)
- maple syrup for garnish
- chocolate chips for garnish
- Mix gluten free pancake mix, milk, vanilla, canola oil, and egg with a whisk.
- Pour batter into a heated griddle or pan that’s been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Immediately drop about 15-20 chocolate chips into each pancake.
- Press chocolate chips down with your finger into the pancake as well as possible.
- This will prevent the chocolate chips from burning on the bottom when you turn the pancakes over.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the pancake is almost cooked through.
- Turn over and cook other side about a minute or two.
- Remove to plate.
- Keep warm.
- To serve, place pancakes on plate.
- Pour maple syrup over top.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Makes 5 pancakes 5” in diameter.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes are my favorite type of pancakes to eat, and this gluten free version is excellent.
Take a look at all those delicious chocolate chips in every bite. Oh, my!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $38.99Was: $49.99