2013 – Gluten Free Living
I promised you more gluten free pancake recipes and here’s another. As you know, I love pancakes–whether plain or with all the goop on top! This simple pancake recipe includes chocolate chips in the batter with maple syrup drizzled over top. It’s just enough sweetness for me. If you’re a chocolate chip fan you will love these pancakes. In fact, I think chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite of all pancakes though I am trying to wean myself and use more fruits instead. For those of you who really want a chocolate fix, feel free to sprinkle more chocolate chips on top of your pancakes, if you desire.
These are quick and easy to assemble too. My only recommendation is that you press the chocolate chips down into the batter with your fingers (or the back of a fork) after you drop them over top of the pancake batter in the skillet or griddle. This prevents them from burning or sticking on the bottom of the pan when you flip the pancakes over.
If you’re looking for a great recipe for Saturday or Sunday breakfasts, consider these great tasting pancakes. They are such a treat! Your kids will be so happy you indulged them in this delicious breakfast. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes are almost a guilt-free pleasure. Except for the chocolate chips the recipe is almost healthy!
We love chocolate chip pancakes–and this gluten free recipe is excellent.
Your kids will polish off these pancakes in no time!
This recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes makes 5 pancakes – enough for two people. You will have to double or triple the recipe if you are making for a large family.
Here’s what I did.
I used a Bisquick gluten free version of pancake mix. Place GF pancake mix in a mixing bowl. Add milk, an egg, canola oil, and vanilla.
Whisk ingredients together.
Pour batter into pan. Top with chocolate chips. I used about 15 in each pancake. Press chocolate chips down into the pancake with your finger or the back of a fork (a better option ). This will prevent the chocolate chips from sticking to the bottom of the pan and scorching when you flip the pancakes.
When I turned the pancakes over the chocolate chips didn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and make a mess.
Stack chocolate chip pancakes on a plate. Drizzle (or drench) with maple syrup. Garnish with more chocolate chips if desired.
Oh, yeah. Have a bite of these! These are really easy to make. If you don’t need to use gluten free flour because of gluten intolerance, I recommend Krusteaz pancake mix. It’s really delicious.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
(Recipe adapted from Bisquick Gluten Free Pancake Mix)
- 1 cup bisquick gluten free pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 egg
- chocolate chips (about 15 on each 5” pancake)
- maple syrup for garnish
- chocolate chips for garnish
- Mix bisquick gluten free pancake mix, milk, vanilla, canola oil, and egg with a whisk.
- Pour into heated griddle or pan (I use green pans that don’t need oil, otherwise spray lightly with cooking spray or lightly butter the cooking area).
- Immediately drop about 15 chocolate chips into each pancake.
- Press chocolate chips down with your finger (or the back of a fork) into the pancake as well as possible.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the pancake is almost cooked through.
- Turn over and cook other side about a minute or two.
- Remove to plate.
- Keep warm.
- To serve, place pancakes on plate.
- Pour maple syrup over top.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Makes 5 pancakes 5” in diameter.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes are my favorite type of pancakes to eat, and this gluten free version is excellent.
Take a look at all those delicious chocolate chips in every bite. Yum, yum!