Boston Market Cornbread

I made a batch of Boston Market Cornbread a few weeks ago and it was so scrumptious I didn’t want to stop eating it. No kidding. I should have stashed most of it in the freezer and got it out of sight. But, instead, the cornbread just sat there on the counter staring back at me every time I walked by, so I just kept eating piece after piece after piece! Boston Market Cornbread is so over-the-top in flavor that I can’t wait to make it again!

I have no idea if this is Boston Market’s real cornbread recipe or not, but it sure does rival the Boston Market Cornbread recipe in taste and texture, that’s for sure. In my opinion it is one of the tastiest most delectable cornbread recipes I’ve ever eaten. I mean, you will salivate over this recipe. Seriously.  Boston Market Cornbread is sweet and tastes much like my Longfellow’s Wayside Inn Corn Muffins and Honey Buttermilk Cornbread, but it is so much quicker and easier to make.

I’m not going to sell you a bill of goods, here. The recipe can in no way be considered healthy because it uses two boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and a box of Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix–both processed foods with all kinds of fillers. But it is simple and easy to whip up, and you can serve this with just about anything, including soups, salads, or main dishes–Tex-Mex entrees or otherwise. I served Boston Market Cornbread with Chicken and Dumpling Casserole with Veggies  and we sure enjoyed it.

If you’re looking for a super-fast cornbread recipe to make then this is it! It is also one of the best cornbread recipes you’ll ever sink your teeth into. You be the judge of whether or not it is as good (or even better) than Boston Market’s cornbread. 🙂

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9264.jpg

Boston Market Cornbread is one of the most delectable cornbread recipes you’ll ever eat.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9282.jpg

It is really quick and easy to make up, too.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9295.jpg

Serve Boston Market Cornbread as a side to any main dish entree–or eat it for breakfast like I did!

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9274.jpg

Here’s a serving of Boston Market Cornbread. But I doubt you’ll be able to stop at just one piece. I sure wasn’t!

Here’s what I did.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9152.jpg

These are the ingredients you will need. Basically, you need the ingredients you would use to make a butter recipe golden cake mix and corn muffin mix.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9153.jpg

In a large mixing bowl place butter recipe golden cake mix (you can’t use regular cake mix as they all have pudding in the batter and the recipe comes out too cake-like and does not have the texture of cornbread), two boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix, eggs and milk. (I used milk instead of water).

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9154.jpg

Add oil.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9157.jpg

Mix cornbread ingredients until well-mixed. Prepare a 9×13″ baking pan by spraying with cooking spray. Spread cornbread mixture into prepared dish.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9196.jpg

Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_4723.jpg

This cornbread came out really moist–not dry like some cornbread recipes.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9257.jpg

Boston Market Cornbread is one of the most scrumptious recipes you’ll ever eat.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9277.jpg

I loved the texture and taste of this luscious cornbread.

Here’s the recipe.

BOSTON MARKET CORNBREAD

(Recipe adapted from The Sister’s Dish)

Print Recipe
Boston Market Cornbread BigOven - Save recipe or add to grocery list Yum
Fabulous cornbread recipe using Jiffy corn muffin mix and Duncan Hines butter recipe golden cake mix.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Servings
Ingredients
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Servings
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Combine ingredients with a whisk.
  2. Pour into a 9x13” glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
  3. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe Notes
NOTE: Use only Butter recipe golden cake mix or Jiffy cake mix since they are the only cake mixes without pudding in the batter.
NOTE: The ratio for this cornbread is 1 Jiffy cake mix + 1 Jiffy corn muffin mix OR: 1 Butter recipe yellow cake mix + 2 Jiffy corn muffin mixes. Then you add the eggs, oil and milk to make each.
Recipe adapted from The Sisters' Dish.

[b]Boston Market Cornbread[/b]
Recipe Type: Breads, Rolls and Muffins
Cuisine: American
Author: Teresa Ambra adapted from [url href=”http://thesistersdish.blogspot.com/2009/04/boston-market-cornbread.html” target=”_blank” title=”boston market cornbread”]The Sister’s Dish[/url]
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 20
Ingredients
  • 1 Duncan Hines Butter recipe golden cake mix
  • 2 boxes Jiffy Corn muffin mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • ¾ cup milk
Instructions
  1. Combine ingredients with a whisk.
  2. Pour into a 9×13” glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
Notes
Use only Butter recipe golden cake mix or Jiffy cake mix since they are the only cake mixes without pudding in the batter.[br][br]The ratio for this cornbread is 1 Jiffy cake mix + 1 Jiffy corn muffin mix OR: 1 Butter recipe yellow cake mix + 2 Jiffy corn muffin mixes. Then you add the eggs, oil and milk to make each.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9301.jpg

This close up shows the texture of Boston Market Cornbread.

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9258.jpg

You and your family will love this amazing cornbread recipe!

Boston Market Cornbread - IMG_9235.jpg

I served Boston Market Cornbread with Chicken and Dumpling Casserole with Veggies. Wow, both were so wonderful.

You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!

Sweet Cornbread

Sweet Cornbread - IMG_3057.jpg.jpg

Southern-Style Cornbread

Southern-Style Cornbread - IMG_3136

Longfellow’s Wayside Inn Corn Muffins

Longfellow's Wayside Inn Corn Muffins | Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen | these scrumptious #cornmuffins are some of the BEST you'll ever eat! #muffin #breakfast

You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.

This post has Affiliate Links.

18 Replies to "Boston Market Cornbread"

• Molasses Cornbread - Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen December 13, 2015 (1:23 pm)

[…] version. I like it with jalapenos, I like it with diced green chilies, I like it sweet, I like it Boston Market-style, I like it with broccoli and I like it with honey. Molasses Cornbread has a really different […]

• Jalapeno Cheddar Honey Cornbread - Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen October 29, 2015 (10:55 am)

[…] on my blog, including one for sweet potatoes, one with bacon and cheese that’s to die for, a Boston Market Cornbread copycat recipe, Mexican Cornbread made with green chiles, one with broccoli (!), one with Bacon, […]

• comment-avatar
    June P. Schiavoni October 15, 2015 (7:20 am)

I’m always looking for a good corn bread recipe because the one I have (with honey) falls apart too easily but this recipe contains too many unhealthy ingredients. (Box stuff, canola oil)….I will not be making this for fear of liking it too much when it’s so bad for you. Thanks anyway…but if you come up with a “home-made” one with healthy ingredients, I will be waiting. Thank you…June S.

• comment-avatar
      Teresa October 16, 2015 (1:05 pm)

June, I have about 10 different cornbread recipes on my blog. Several of them are gluten free and/or use only healthy ingredients. Please check them out.

• comment-avatar
        Darryl C February 11, 2016 (7:36 am)

Thank you for the info… I felt the same thing… I no longer buy “BOXED” anything… too many chemicals.. Scratch cooking is the way to cook… So I will check ur other recipes Thank you

• comment-avatar
          Teresa February 11, 2016 (10:06 am)

You’re welcome, Darryl. Hope you enjoy a few of them.

• comment-avatar
    Lisa April 8, 2015 (7:29 am)

Will this recipe work with a different brand yellow cake mix?

• comment-avatar
      Teresa April 8, 2015 (10:36 am)

Hi, Lisa. I personally think this will work with any brand of yellow cake mix, even cheaper brands. I hope you enjoy it. We sure did.

• Sausage Potato Chowder - Can't Stay Out Of The Kitchen February 5, 2015 (12:43 pm)

[…] so nice to enjoy a bowl or cup of hot, delicious soup with Homemade Rolls or Bread or even cornbread. Ah, yes, that’s a marriage made in heaven. What’s even nicer is being able to use up […]

• Chicken and Dumpling Casserole with Veggies - Can't Stay Out Of The Kitchen February 3, 2015 (9:02 am)

[…] one-dish meal is amazing. While we served it with homemade Boston Market Cornbread you really don’t need anything to accompany this […]

• 15 Bean Soup with Veggies - Can't Stay Out Of The Kitchen January 21, 2015 (8:04 pm)

[…] Serve with a hot crusty bread or cornbread. […]

• comment-avatar
    Diane Roark October 25, 2014 (5:47 pm)

Teresa,

This Boston Market cornbread sounds amazing. I knew their cornbread was very sweet, but I never thought about using cake mix.

I am stopping by to get a few of your cornbread recipes for my biscuits and cornbread roundup tomorrow.
    Thanks and have a great Sunday!
    Diane Roark

• comment-avatar
      Teresa October 25, 2014 (7:59 pm)

Wonderful, please take as many as you want. Hope you and your blog followers enjoy them. I had never heard of using a cake mix before either, but the Boston Market Cornbread recipe is excellent. Of course, I can’t get enough of cornbread. Can’t wait for your post so I can try a few more! 😉

• Gluten Free Honey Cornbread - Can't Stay Out Of The Kitchen October 13, 2014 (7:29 am)

[…] or jalapenos, give me cornbread with molasses, give me cornbread Southern-style, even give me Boston Market Cornbread, or give me Sweet Cornbread, just give me cornbread! Since I enjoy cornbread so much, I decided to […]

• comment-avatar
    Bonnie June 17, 2014 (1:10 pm)

This looks delicious. My daughter’s Dance Team is having a bake sale and I understand cornbread is a good seller. Does the cornbread have a sweet taste or is there even a slight taste that it contains cake mix. I found your website by accident and really thank you for all the wonderful recipes. In fact, I have chosen several that I will be making for the bake sale.

• comment-avatar
      Teresa June 22, 2014 (8:59 pm)

The cornbread definitely has a sweet taste as a result of the cake mix. I hope it’s a great seller for your bake sale, Bonnie. I loved the taste of this recipe when I made it. I’m so glad you enjoy the website and hope you try out many of the recipes for your bake sale! Thanks for stopping by.

• comment-avatar
    Tamara Leigh April 4, 2014 (7:20 am)

Looks great!

• comment-avatar
      Teresa April 4, 2014 (8:14 am)

It’s a little TOO GREAT! I could be seriously addicted to this cornbread! 🙂