Gluten Free Living – 2014
Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is SOOOO wonderful! I was really hungry for some kind of Italian dish with pasta a few weeks ago. I wanted to use gluten free noodles and I wanted a recipe that I had all the ingredients on hand already, plus I wanted it to be as clean eating as possible. Well, I found one!
This lovely pasta dish has mushrooms, onions, garlic, bell peppers and carrots for the veggies. It has ground beef for the meat, tomato puree and spaghetti sauce for the binding ingredients, and parmesan and mozzarella cheeses to make it ooey, gooey and delicious! Throw in a few tasty seasonings and this recipe is an excellent choice for any day of the week.
I found Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake on All Recipes, posted there by Contadina. While they use chicken sausage (which I’m sure is wonderful), I only had ground beef on hand so that’s what I used. For those of you who are hunters I believe ground venison would also work, along with Italian sausage or ground turkey. One of the best gluten free pastas available these days is made by Ronzoni. I highly recommend it over other brands.
I’m sure other veggies like leeks, fennel, squash and even green beans would work wonderfully in this recipe. Especially if you are trying to lighten it up and add more veggies.
If you’re looking for a fairly quick and easy main dish to serve your family, then Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake should be on your radar. If you don’t have gluten intolerance, you can use regular pasta and almost any shape will work, although I personally prefer the smaller ones rather than spaghetti, linguini or angel hair.
I think you’ll find Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is a great recipe to make for company, too. Everyone will enjoy the delicious flavors of this entree. On top of that, Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is kid-friendly and doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg to bake!
Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is a delicious main dish pasta entree.
This kid-friendly dish is quick and easy to make.
Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is a great entree to serve company since this makes about 8-10 large servings.
If you enjoy cheesy Italian entrees, you’ve got to give Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake a try.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. Since I made this recipe several years ago, Ronzoni has come out with a terrific gluten free pasta. I highly recommend using their brand for gluten free pasta substitutions.
Brown lean ground beef. Drain.
Add onions, garlic, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms and basil.
Stir ingredients to combine and saute, covered with lid, until carrots are fork tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir to combine and heat through.
Pour into a greased 9×13″ baking dish.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake 25-30 minutes at 350. Remove foil.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.
Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is a great dish to serve when you don’t want to make a lot of side dishes. It’s a one dish meal!
We used gluten free noodles to make Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake so this dish is gluten free.
Garnish individual servings of Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake with extra parsley and mozzarella cheese, if desired.
Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is an entree the whole family can enjoy. It’s also terrific for company dinners.
Here’s the recipe.
GARDEN VEGETABLE PASTA BAKE
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8-oz. gluten free Hodgson Mill Brown Rice and Golden Milled Flax Seed penne pasta
- 24-oz. Prego Fresh Mushroom spaghetti sauce
- 15-oz. tomato puree
- 4-oz. canned mushrooms, sliced and drained (or use 8-oz. fresh, sliced mushrooms)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic from a jar or 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add pasta and boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat but allow pasta to remain in hot water for about 12-15 minutes until cooked completely.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef over medium heat in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add mushrooms, onion, bell peppers, carrots, basil and minced garlic.
- Cook, covered with lid, until veggies are fork tender over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Add the pasta, tomato puree, spaghetti sauce, and 2 tbsp. chopped parsley to the ground beef and veggie mixture.
- Stir well to combine.
- Grease a 9×13” glass baking dish.
- Pour combined mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, about 20-30 minutes at 350° until cheese melts and dish is hot.
- Remove foil.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Garnish casserole with remaining fresh parsley.
Garden Vegetable Pasta Bake is a tasty recipe even your kids will enjoy.
I ate two helpings of this entree the first night we served it. Translation: = very good and hits the spot! 🙂
This ooey, gooey, cheesy casserole is perfect any time you want Italian for dinner!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $33.64Was: $59.99