Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2014
Are you ready for a delightful melt-in-your-mouth kind of cookie? Oh my, White Chocolate Cherry Cookies are amazing. This basic cookie dough includes white chocolate chips, pecans and candied cherries for an over-the-top cookie that’s festive and elegant for the Christmas holiday baking season. White chocolate goes with just about anything, and it is especially good with candied cherries. These cookies are chewy, crunchy and bursting with flavor. You and your family are sure to love them.
When I got to the end of my Christmas cookie baking this year, I was trying to find ways to use more fruit in recipes so that not EVERYTHING was chocolate or peanut butter! While this one does have white chocolate, it also has fruit. We have people coming out of the woodwork asking us how they can possibly get on our Christmas cookie list each year. Especially, now that my husband’s been posting pictures on FaceBook for the past month.
Well, if we gave out cookies to everyone who asks for them, I would be baking cookies non-stop all year round! John always passes the buck onto me and informs “inquiring minds” that I make up the list. He’s right. Even though I try to be very diligent to include a lot of our friends, family, church family, neighbors and service providers, I always manage to leave someone off the list accidentally. 🙁 So, I always make up several extra buckets and trays so that we are able to give them out as we see fit or to anyone I forgot.
I have actually baked 5,217 cookies since the end of October, and that’s assuming I don’t decide to whip up something else between now and Christmas. That’s an impossibility because I already know I will be baking more for parties we have coming up! But I guess you could say I’ve squeezed a little bit of Christmas baking and holiday cheer into my schedule for friends this year.
My only gripe with baking so many cookies is that I can’t eat all of them! 🙁 I would weigh in over 2,000 pounds if I did so, alas, I was fortunate to try to limit myself to one in most cases. Still my sweet tooth is so strong that I could sit down with a plate of cookies and eat nothing but cookies all day long if I let myself go! Yikes.
If’ you’re looking for a heavenly cookie to put on your Christmas baking list, then look no farther than White Chocolate Cherry Cookies. These cookies are sensational as you’ll soon find out when you try them yourself. Your friends will rave over them and, if you’re not careful, you’ll manage to eat more than one or two!
White Chocolate Cherry Cookies are delightful for holiday baking.
Each scrumptious cookie is filled with white chocolate chips, candied cherries and pecans. Yum.
These White Chocolate Cherry Cookies will satisfy any sweet tooth craving you have around the holidays.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. Kroger is about the only place in the Dallas Metroplex that regularly carries white chocolate chips. Everyone else carries only vanilla chips.
Place softened butter in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Real vanilla, rather than imitation, really enhances the flavor.
Combine ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add white chocolate chips, candied cherries and pecan cookie chips (these are very finely diced pecans).
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Scoop dough from mixing bowl with a one-quarter cup ice cream scoop and place on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with cookie spray. You can also roll the mixture into balls.
Bake cookies at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cookies test done.
White Chocolate Cherry Cookies are festive enough for any holiday party.
These fantastic cookies are also great for tailgating parties or watching the Super Bowl–hey, you gotta have some sweet desserts for the Super Bowl!
Here’s the recipe.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES
(My own concoction)
- 1 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land ‘o lakes butter”]Land ‘O Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”mccormick pure vanilla extract”]McCormick [/url]pure vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold Medal [/url]UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup quartered [url href=”http://www.paradisefruitco.com/paradise-candied-fruit/candied-cherries” target=”_blank” title=”paradise candied cherries”]Paradise[/url] candied cherries, packed
- 12-oz. pkg. white chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or spray large cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, vanilla, eggs, salt and baking soda and mix with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, candied cherries, white chocolate chips and pecans with wooden spoon until combined.
- Scoop dough with a one-quarter cup ice cream scoop and place cookies 2-3” apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°, or until lightly browned.
Every bite of White Chocolate Cherry Cookies will have you drooling!
Don’t White Chocolate Cherry Cookies look amazing?
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $259.00Was: $429.99
Price: $13.04Was: $14.90