Jalapeno Popper Dip is the real deal. This dip is to die for, especially if you enjoy Tex-Mex spiciness. Jalapeno Popper Dip uses both diced green chiles and jalapenos, along with cream cheese, and both Mexican and Italian blends of cheeses so it’s filled with cheese. On top of that it’s got buttered Panko bread crumbs on top. I love ordering Stuffed Jalapenos at restaurants as an appetizer, and Jalapeno Popper Dip is the next best thing with spicy peppers and lots of cheese!
I was looking for tasty appetizers to bring to our Super Bowl party a couple of weeks ago when I came across this one in my Blog Lovin’ feed. It didn’t have a picture, but the ingredients looked interesting and I really wanted to give it a go. I’m so glad I did. This recipe turned out so terrific. One gal at our Super Bowl party (who’s from Brazil), raved and raved about how much she enjoyed Jalapeno Popper Dip since she loves spicy foods. Since we live in Texas just about everyone around here eats spicy, so everyone loved the dip.
While this recipe is definitely spicy and has some heat, I didn’t feel like it tipped the scale to the point where you have to wash every biteful down with a drink of water or anything. I loved the gooey, cheesy chiles and peppers, and sprinkling the Panko crumbs on top was just genius. I served Jalapeno Popper Dip with bagel chips, but you can also serve this with crackers, chips, Fritos or Tortilla chips. All will work wonderfully with this amazing dip.
If you’re looking for a deliciously spicy appetizer to serve for your next tailgating party, consider making up this fantastic Jalapeno Popper Dip. Everyone will be coming back for more. 🙂
Jalapeno Popper Dip is filled with several cheeses, diced green chiles and jalapeno peppers. It tastes amazing.
I loved every bite of Jalapeno Popper Dip and didn’t want to stop eating it!
The top of the dip is spread with buttered Panko breadcrumbs for nice, crunchy flavor.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Add mayonnaise, Mexican fiesta cheese blend, and Parmesan cheese or Italian 6-cheese blend, diced green chilies, diced jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper.
Stir ingredients really well to combine.
Pour ingredients into a greased or sprayed 9-10″ pie plate or torte dish.
Melt butter. Add to Panko bread crumbs and remaining cheese and stir to combine.
Sprinkle bread crumbs/cheese mixture over top of jalapeno mixture.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until mixture is hot, bubbly and golden brown.
Serve Jalapeno Popper Dip on bagel chips or your favorite chip or cracker.
Jalapeno Popper Dip is excellent for tailgating parties or any time you’re entertaining friends.
Here’s the recipe.
JALAPENO POPPER DIP
(Recipe adapted from Cooking with Crevolyn)
- 2 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.hellmanns.com/” target=”_blank” title=”hellmann’s mayo”]Hellmann’s [/url]mayonnaise
- 1 cup Fiesta Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup 6-cheese Italian cheese blend (provolone, romano, Asiago, fontina, mozzarella and parmesan), divided use
- 4-oz. can undrained, diced green chiles (I used 7-oz.)
- 4-oz. finely diced, jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.kikkomanusa.com/index.html” target=”_blank” title=”kikkoman panko bread crumbs”]Kikkoman[/url] Panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Spray a round tart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican cheese, ½ cup Italian cheese blend, chile, peppers and salt and pepper with an electric until well mixed.
- Place mixture into baking dish.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Add bread crumbs and remaining ½ cup Italian cheese blend.
- Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over top of jalapeno mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes until mixture is hot and bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with bagel chips, tortilla chips or crackers.
If you enjoy spicy, Tex-Mex flavors, you’ll love Jalapeno Popper Dip.
Go ahead and try a bite!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!