Chunky Monkey Brownies are so sensational you will drool while you’re eating them. No kidding. I know you are probably tired of me raving about the richness and decadence of a specific dessert. I just can’t help it. Instead of using regular chocolate chips I used Hershey’s new baking melts in the brownie and then used chocolate chips on top. Oh, my. Chocolate just explodes in your mouth with every bite. The Baking Melts are much larger than chocolate chips so it’s like having miniature chocolate candies inside. Loved ’em! 🙂
I had an overabundance of bananas on my hands last month. John was out of town for a week and, before he left, he purchased several big batches of bananas. I think I had about 15-20 bananas I needed to get rid of. So, I started checking out Pinterest for ideas on goodies I could make using overripe bananas. I found several recipes I decided to make, including this one based on a Mark Bittman Recipe.
While I normally would have made this recipe with chocolate chips, I had these baking melts that I purchased before the holidays that I wanted to use up, so I thought this would be a good recipe to do that. I wasn’t disappointed. Chunky (really chunky) Monkey Brownies turned out terrific. My heavens, it was hard to keep my hands out of these goodies! If you have a hard time finding baking melts, you can substitute chocolate chunks.
If you’re looking for a rich, gooey and, yes, decadent brownie recipe, than look no farther than Chunky Monkey Brownies with baking melts. Y-U-M. Yes, of course, you can use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. But for a richer, deep chocolate flavor, try the baking melts. They’re awesome!
Chunky Monkey Brownies will have you salivating in no time.
The combination of bananas and chocolate is awesome!
Better taste a quick bite before they’re all gone!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add mashed bananas and baking melts. (You can also use regular chocolate chips). Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread chocolate mixture into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle top with chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until lightly, golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I guarantee you’ll be swooning over these decadent dessert brownies.
Chunky Monkey Brownies are irresistible.
Here’s the recipe.
CHUNKY MONKEY BROWNIES
- 2 cups Gold medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup banana, mashed with a fork (about one medium-large banana)
- 10-oz. [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products.aspx?catg=baking” target=”_blank”]Hershey’s[/url] semi-sweet chocolate baking melts (or 12-oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup [url href=”https://www.nestle.co.nz/brands/milksbaking/nestl%C3%A9baking” target=”_blank”]Nestle’s[/url] chocolate chips for the top
- Mix butter, eggs, sugars, salt and vanilla with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add flour, mashed banana and baking melts (or chocolate chips).
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Smooth the top with a knife or rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes just until lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Aren’t you ready to gobble down one or two of these Chunky Monkey Brownies right now?
Chunky Monkey Brownies are ooey, gooey and delicious!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $279.00Was: $429.99