Gluten Free Living – 2015
Oh my, Avocado Cilantro Dip is one of the BEST avocado dips you will ever eat. I actually started out making this as a salad dressing for my Steak Fajita Salad and Avocado Cilantro Dressing. But because the dressing was so rich, thick and creamy I ended up using it as a dip as well. It was so amazing I could have consumed all of it with veggie dippers and been one very happy camper.
Avocado Cilantro Dip gets its creamy consistency because it’s made with Greek yogurt. I add avocados, a whole bunch of cilantro, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt, fresh lime juice and honey. Because I put all the ingredients in my Vitamix blender it is high-powered enough to make it super smooth and creamy. I loved the stuff. Not only that, but the concoction actually stays fresh for a couple of days in the refrigerator before discoloring. While this batch makes 2 1/2 cups of dip (which is great for parties), if you’re just making it for your family, you may want to halve the recipe so you don’t have so much to eat up in a short period of time.
Avocado Cilantro Dip is great fare for tailgating parties, Super Bowl parties, potlucks and even summer backyard barbecues. If you enjoy avocados, you will flip over this delicious dip. Not to mention that avocados are so healthy for you and the recipe itself is pretty clean eating. This gluten free appetizer is one of those that will go fast it’s so spectacular.
If you’re on the lookout for a way to use avocados, or you just love the taste of avocados and want to find interesting ways to add them to your diet, I highly recommend Avocado Cilantro Dip. Every bite will have you coming back for more.
Avocado Cilantro Dip is one of the BEST dips you will ever eat!
Avocado Cilantro Dip is so smooth and creamy, yet full of rich flavor.
Serve Avocado Cilantro Dip with tortilla chips or veggie dippers.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place Greek yogurt in your blender. Add olive oil, honey, garlic, salt, white wine vinegar and avocados.
Add cilantro and fresh lime juice.
Blend about a minute in your blender until smooth and creamy. Mixture will be very thick. I used a Vitamix blender which was high powered enough to get the right consistency.
Garnish dip with additional cilantro before serving, if desired.
I loved dipping veggies into the dip.
If you want a more tart taste, squeeze a little fresh lime over top.
Avocado Cilantro Dip is also good as a dressing. 🙂
Here’s the recipe.
AVOCADO CILANTRO DIP
(My own concoction)
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and chunked
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and stems removed
- 1 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.chobani.com/” target=”_blank”]Chobani[/url] plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey (or more if desired)
- juice of one fresh lime
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.olivarioliveoil.com/#/home/” target=”_blank”]Olivari[/url] Mediterranean extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. [url href=”http://www.pompeian.com/” target=”_blank”]Pompeian[/url] white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend at high speed about 45 to 60 seconds.
- Mixture will be very thick and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with assorted veggie dippers or tortilla chips.
- Yield: about 2 ½ cups dressing.
I love avocados, so this dip turned out to be one of my favorites.
Avocado Cilantro Dip is a healthy, clean eating, gluten free appetizer.
This is a great dip to serve for tailgating parties or the Super Bowl!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!