Apricot Coconut Pecan Bars
Marvelous bar-type cookie using apricot preserves, coconut, and pecans. These tasty treats are ooey, gooey and delicious!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour bleached flour toughens baked goods
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 18 oz. jar apricot preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Mix butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and sea salt with an electric mixer or whisk.
Stir in flour and coconut with a wooden spoon.
[u]Reserve 1 ¼ cups mixture[/u] for later.
Press remaining dough into a greased or sprayed 9x13” baking dish.
Spread apricot preserves over top of crust.
Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.
Crumble reserved cookie dough over top.
Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
NOTE: You really need to allow these bars to cool completely before cutting or they will be a sticky mess!
NOTE: For easier cutting, refrigerate bars 1-2 hours before cutting.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen