Mixed Vegetable Casserole
Tasty vegetable casserole that's great for holiday entertaining. Any kind of veggie combination can be used, including fresh veggies and leftovers!
- 16 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 16 oz. pkg. frozen sugar snap pea stir fry mix vegetables or any blend of veggies will do
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded, sharp cheddar cheese will work
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted (1/4 cup)
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
Place vegetables, cheese, soup, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
Stir ingredients to combine and mix well.
Spray 9x13” casserole dish with cooking spray.
Spread vegetables in casserole.
Melt butter in large pyrex measuring cup.
Add crushed crackers.
Stir to combine.
Sprinkle cracker crumbs over top of casserole.
Bake at 350° for about 45-60 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
NOTE: Any kind of vegetable assortments will work for this recipe, including fresh veggies or leftovers!
NOTE: Ritz crackers has reduced the amount of their boxes from 16 ounces to 13 ounces. You may need to use 1 1/3 sleeves of crackers to get the same amount as the original recipe.
NOTE: Even though this mixture seems dry before you make it, avoid the temptation of adding milk or other ingredients to make it creamier. The cheese melts with the soup and the texture becomes deliciously creamy while baking.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen