Chocolate Potato Chip Sandwiches
Fabulous sugar cookie with crushed potato chips in the batter and sandwiched between thick, rich chocolate frosting. These are sensational!
- 3 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour bleached flour toughens cookies
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 3 tbsp. cream not milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 1-oz. squares unsweetened chocolate or 1/3 cup cocoa
Blend butter to a peak, add sugar, and vanilla and cream again.
Stir in flour and potato chips.
Roll dough into balls and place on greased or sprayed cookie sheets. Can press down with fork dipped in sugar in a criss-cross fashion for a flatter cookie. (Or flatten with hands).
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Spread bottom of one cookie with chocolate icing.
Top with another potato chip cookie.
NOTE: I press the cookies down lightly with my hands before baking.
NOTE: Mom always used cocoa rather than chocolate squares.
NOTE: You may have more frosting than you need for one batch of cookies.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen