Vegan Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup
Vegan Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup is deliciously hearty and satisfying. This homemade soup includes carrots, tomatoes, white beans and kale. It's healthy, low calorie, gluten free and vegan. If you're looking for a hot, comfort food meal during the cold, winter months, this is it!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic from a jar or two-three cloves, minced
- 32 oz. ctn. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups chopped kale packed
- 14.5 oz. can Italian style diced tomatoes undrained
- 14.5 oz. can no-salt-added cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. carrot chips or 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. fresh thyme or as desired
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add onion and cook 3 minutes.
Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, pepper, thyme and Italian parsley, and cover.
Cook 15-20 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
Add kale and cook an additional 5 minutes.
When carrots are done and other veggies are cooked, add beans and heat thoroughly.
NOTE: I microwaved the carrots for 5 minutes so they would cook through in this amount of time.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen