This lovely Italian side dish is filled with tomatoes, zucchini and onions. It's seasoned with Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Then it's drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil. It's so quick and easy to make as well as mouthwatering and delicious. Italian Zucchini is low calorie, healthy, vegan and gluten free.
- 4 cups zucchini washed but not peeled, sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced into rings
- 4-6 roma tomatoes washed and sliced
- 1 lemon quartered, or about 4-5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
In a greased 2 ½ qt. casserole dish, layer zucchini, then onions, then tomatoes.
Sprinkle lemon juice over all.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, then red pepper flakes.
Dot the top with butter.
Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
Stir to mix ingredients before serving.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Calories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 18mgPotassium: 385mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 596IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg