Chunky Blond Brownies
Chunky Blond Brownies are to die for! No kidding, these lovely brownies are divine. Every mouthful contains chocolate chunks, vanilla chips and macadamia nuts providing such an explosion of texture and flavors that Chunky Blond Brownies will knock your socks off!
We’ve made these cookies multiple times for our Christmas Cookie Extravaganzas. We’ve also made these many times as a dessert for friends and family. No matter who we make Chunky Blond Brownies for, they always are extremely well received.
I made these for the millionth time again today! This is our all time favorite Taste of Home brownie. This brownie has gotten more mileage in our household than any other through the years. We make some version of it all the time.
I’ve made Oreo M&M Brownies, Reese Cup Brownies, Cranberry Nut Vanilla Chip Bars, and Snickers Bar Blondies all from this basic recipe. It is a great base recipe for all kinds of combinations of nuts, chips, dried fruits, and chopped candy bars. No matter what combination we’ve tried, everything comes out fantastic!
I love the flexibility of this fabulous recipe. The taste is incredibly awesome, and it’s SO easy and quick to put together. This recipe can be assembled, baked and done in 45 minutes or less! It’s that simple.
If you’re looking for a fantastic brownie to make for the holidays, bridal or baby showers, tailgating parties or any time you have company, this is the bar to make! If you’re a chocolate lover, you’ll find Chunky Blond Brownies sensational.
When I first posted this recipe on my blog in June 2012, I had only been blogging a couple of weeks. I remade the recipe in February 2013 just before I purchased my Canon. The pictures were okay, but that’s about it.
I’ve been wanting to remake the recipe for a couple of years now and I finally got around to remaking it (January 2015). But even still, this is not an easy recipe to photograph. I’m still not completely happy with the pictures, but they will have to do until I make it again!
Even still, let me emphasize again that this is one amazing recipe. I made this for a houseful of company last week and it got high praise! Yeah, it’s a keeper. 🙂
Well, I did get around to making it again (May 2018). My husband, John, brought home the ingredients to make eight batches of these beauties. He wanted to restock our freezer now that we’ve finally gotten rid of all the extra Christmas cookies I had stashed in there. So since I was making so many Chunky Blond Brownies I took a few new pictures. Still the best brownie ever! 🙂
Chunky Blond Brownies is one of our favorite brownies.
Chunky Blond Brownies are great for holiday baking.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened butter in mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
Mix batter ingredients together with an electric mixer until well combined.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread batter into baking dish. (I usually pat the dough into the dish with slightly moist hands).
Sprinkle macadamia nuts over top of brownie batter in glass baking dish. Press down very lightly so the nuts adhere to the texture of the bar.
Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes.
Chunky Blond Brownies are a chocolate lover’s delight!
Are you drooling yet? Chunky Blond Brownies are drool-worthy!
These mouthwatering brownies are heavenly.
Here’s the recipe.
CHUNKY BLOND BROWNIES
(Recipe adapted from 1999 Taste of Home Annual Recipe Book)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons[url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”mccormick pure vanilla extract”] McCormick [/url]pure vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products/details.aspx?id=3400&name=HERSHEYS-Premier-White-Baking-Pieces&f=0″ target=”_blank” title=”hershey’s vanilla chips”]Hershey’s[/url] vanilla chips
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.nestleusa.com/brands/chocolate” target=”_blank” title=”nestle’s tollhouse chocolate chips”]Nestle’s[/url] semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 6-oz. macadamia nuts, chopped, divided use
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Add flour, vanilla chips, chocolate chunks and 3/4 cup macadamia nuts.
- Spread into greased 13×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Don’t these brownies look wonderful! It’s time to dig in to these delicious treats.
Why not make up a batch of these brownies the next time you’re in the mood for a special dessert?
Chunky Blond Brownies are terrific for summer holiday fun like Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day, too.