Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins
Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins are amazing. I have used this same basic recipe for Peach Streusel Muffins and Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins as well as several others. With a few modifications, the muffins always turn out so wonderfully. Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins puff up beautifully while baking, rather than cave in so they are flat on top. The texture is great but so is the taste. It’s also a great way to use strawberries. 🙂
These luscious muffins use Strawberry-flavored Greek Yogurt in the filling. Then they have a streusel topping with brown sugar and pecans. Finally, they’re topped with a vanilla powdered sugar icing made with real cream. There’s an explosion of flavor that will knock your socks off!
I have to admit to having a huge sweet tooth. I also really enjoy muffins and coffeecake for breakfast. I don’t get to enjoy those kinds of delicious goodies as much as I used to when I was younger and had a much faster metabolism! But every now and then I splurge and enjoy a treat like this.
We had some friends from our church recently move into our neck of the woods. I volunteered to bring them a meal on moving day. I also decided to make up a batch of Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins and add fresh fruit as a side. That way they would be able to have a quick breakfast the following day.
I loved the way these muffins turned out. I’m a strawberry fiend anyway as you can tell if you look in the archives of my blog. I serve strawberries in so many of the salads I make. I’ve also got plenty of breakfast recipes like Strawberry Coffeecake, Strawberry Breakfast Crepes, Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Cobbler, Strawberry Pie Crust Cinnamon Rolls and Fresh Strawberry Muffins to get you started. That doesn’t even include all the pancake or dessert recipes using strawberries I’ve already posted up. Yes, I’m an unapologetic strawberry lover. 🙂
If you enjoy muffins for breakfast then I highly recommend Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins. You can purchase strawberries all year round these days. So these muffins make a great breakfast for special holidays, Mother’s Day, and certainly during the Christmas season. They’re not overly difficult to make, although there are several steps and a lot of ingredients.
Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins are delicious muffins that you can enjoy even if there isn’t any special occasion you’re celebrating! I hope you put this recipe on your “to make” list soon. You and your family will be raving over the results.
Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins are fabulous for holiday breakfasts.
These are great muffins to make when you’re having overnight company. Each batch makes 18 muffins.
Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins puff up so nicely while baking. They don’t fall flat like many muffins do.
These delicious muffins will have you drooling at the first bite.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the muffin batter.
Place softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, Strawberry Greek Yogurt, heavy whipping cream, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Cream with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add diced strawberries.
Stir just until the ingredients are moistened, otherwise you will have tough muffins.
Spray muffin tins well with cooking spray. Spoon muffin batter into 18 muffin tins up to the top.
I used these ingredients to make the streusel topping.
Melt butter, add sugar, brown sugar, coarsely chopped or broken pecans and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods).
Stir mixture to combine.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over top of the 18 muffins. Press streusel mixture into the muffin batter slightly so ingredients adhere together.
Bake muffins in a preheated 425 degree oven for 5 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 and bake about 15-19 more minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool while you prepare the icing.
I used these ingredients to make the icing. Heavy whipping cream works a lot better than milk.
Whisk ingredients to combine. If you want an icing that’s thinner than what mine shows, add another tablespoon of heavy whipping cream. (If you try to use milk in this recipe you will never achieve the right consistency).
Spoon icing mixture into a zip lock bag and close the zipper. Push the icing mixture to one corner of the bag. Cut off a very small tip. Pipe the frosting over top of the muffins, as desired.
I chose to pipe the icing in both directions.
You’re family will really enjoy a feast if you prepare Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins.
These luscious muffins will knock your socks off!
If you enjoy muffins for breakfast, Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins need to be on your menu. 🙂
Here’s the recipe.
STRAWBERRY PECAN STREUSEL MUFFINS
(Recipe inspired from my Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins)
- [b]STREUSEL TOPPING:[/b]
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold Medal [/url]UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ½ cup chopped pecans[br]
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5.3-oz. container Strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries[br]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- The mixture will be crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray muffin pans with Baker’s Joy nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.[br]
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt and whipping cream and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in flour and strawberries gently with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just moistened.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter into prepared muffin tins all the way up to the top.
- Crumble the crumb topping over each muffin and press the topping down gently into the muffins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°.
- Adjust heat to 350° and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool about 10 minutes.
- Add glaze.
- GLAZE: Whisk all of the ingredients together. Allow muffins to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tins. Remove muffins from baking tins and place on wire rack. Place glaze mixture in a zip lock bag and cut off corner. Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Don’t Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins look scrumptious?
Serve Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins with fruit or a bacon and egg country breakfast!
We loved these muffins.