Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins
Gluten Free Living – 2015
Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins are awesome! I love muffins, especially berry muffins, and these muffins are full of berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Yes, I’ve included ALL of them in Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins. Plus, I used a mixed berry Greek yogurt. The recipe also includes a delicious streusel topping with walnuts, and a vanilla cream icing. Instead of regular flour, I used a gluten free flour so my gluten free friends could enjoy these.
I was asked to make breakfast for a Ladies’ Conference at our church the final weekend of February. I intended to keep it pretty basic–several kinds of muffins and several breakfast casseroles. But I needed to include gluten free versions of each because several of the ladies have issues with gluten.
As it turned out, Dallas had several ice and snow storms sweep through the area in the days preceding the conference. Some occurred that particular weekend. So instead of serving these jewels for a ladies’ breakfast, I ended up serving them as breakfast for our church members on Sunday morning.
It was the first day we could actually get out of our houses and on the roads. I offered two kinds of gluten free muffins and two gluten free breakfast casseroles. Both of which were snatched up by a lot of folks who wanted some healthier alternatives.
I decided to whip up a couple of different kinds of muffins using gluten free flour. They were both sensational. While these muffins have a lot of fruit and they’re gluten free, they can in no way be considered healthy since they have so much sugar. But they are a great idea for those of you wanting a delicious gluten free option for breakfast.
I recommend them for any holiday breakfast, special occasion brunch, or just because….They’ll be snatched up in no time by your family or friends.
Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins make a terrific holiday breakfast.
Homemade muffins and fruit make for a delightful weekend breakfast.
If you are looking for a delicious gluten free breakfast, these muffins will do the trick!
Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins are filled with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the muffin batter.
Place softened butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, heavy whipping cream, mixed berry Greek yogurt and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add gluten free flour, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and diced strawberries.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine. Stir just until moistened–do not overmix.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or grease and flour with gluten free flour. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins to the top.
I used these ingredients for the streusel topping.
Melt butter. Add remaining ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Crumble streusel ingredients evenly over top of each muffin and press lightly with your fingers so crumbs adhere to batter.
Bake in a preheated oven 5 minutes at 425. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins before adding glaze.
I used these ingredients to make the vanilla cream frosting.
Heavy whipping cream works much better than milk for this recipe. Milk really doesn’t give the proper consistency.
Whisk ingredients to combine.
Spoon icing into a zip lock bag. Close zipper. Cut off a very small tip from one corner. Pipe icing over top of muffins in any design desired.
These are great muffins to make for special occasions and brunches.
Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins are so scrumptious. I loved these muffins.
If you enjoy fruity muffins, these muffins are for you!
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE MIXED BERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
(Recipe inspired from my Strawberry Pecan Streusel Muffins)
- [b]STREUSEL TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/” target=”_blank” title=”pamela’s gluten free baking mix”]Pamela’s[/url] gluten free pancake and baking mix
- ½ cup chopped walnuts[br]
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5.3-oz. container [url href=”http://www.yoplait.com/” target=”_blank” title=”yoplait mixed berry greek yogurt”]Yoplait[/url] Mixed Berry Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/” target=”_blank” title=”pamela’s gluten free baking mix”]Pamela’s[/url] gluten free pancake and baking mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup fresh, diced strawberries[br]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- The mixture will be crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray muffin pans with cooking spray or grease and flour with gluten free flour.
- Set aside.[br]
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt and whipping cream and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in flour and fruit gently with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just moistened.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter into prepared muffin tins all the way up to the top.
- Crumble the crumb topping over each muffin and press the topping down gently into the muffins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°.
- Adjust heat to 350° and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool about 10 minutes.
- Add glaze. [br]
- Whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Allow muffins to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tins.
- Remove muffins from baking tins and place on wire rack.
- Place glaze mixture in a zip lock bag and cut off a small tip of one corner.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins are filled with four kinds of delicious berries.
Make these muffins part of a terrific gluten free breakfast.
Don’t Gluten Free Mixed Berry Streusel Muffins look terrific?