Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars
Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars have it all. 🙂 Are you ready for decadence? Are you ready for a rich and gooey lemon bar with some white chocolate chips thrown in? How about one that uses sweetened condensed milk? They’re made with a Lemon Supreme cake mix and have that wonderfully dense texture like true brownies and blondies. They have a little bit of crunch from the white chocolate chips, and they’re gooey galore from all the sugar content! Yes, you will experience a sugar overload, for sure. 😉
I was looking for some new lemon bar recipes last month and stumbled upon this recipe made by lots of different people using the same ingredients. I figured I had to give it a try and I’m so glad I did. The results were fantastic. And If I hadn’t been making these goodies for others, I might have consumed much more than was good for me.
I do have a few recommendations for making this recipe successfully, however. First of all, this recipe really CANNOT be doubled and put in a larger pan. Because more ingredients take longer to cook, the white chocolate chips will dissolve into the bar so that you can no longer see them.
It still tastes divine but the presentation is not as lovely. It also tends to caramelize a little more if you have to cook it longer. Also, make the effort to find REAL white chocolate chips–don’t use premiere white baking chips (vanilla chips). Find REAL white chocolate. Look at the ingredient list. If there’s not cocoa butter in the ingredients they’re NOT white chocolate chips.
We have only two grocery chains in the DFW metroplex that carry white chocolate chips: Kroger and Trader Joes. They each carry their own private brand. All the other stores carry only white (vanilla) chips. This recipe really tastes heavenly with true white chocolate chips. Don’t settle for less!
Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars are really sensational, plus they’re easy to make, and only use 7 ingredients. If you’re looking for a divine lemon bar to serve for Mother’s Day or any other holiday, birthday, or special occasion (including holiday baking), these lovely blondies should be on your radar. They are to die for. Really.
These luscious treats are featured at All Free Casserole Recipes here.
Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars are rich, decadent and amazing.
These are great goodies to make for any summer holiday potluck or picnic.
The combination of lemon and white chocolate is sensational.
Here’s what I did.
I used these 7 ingredients.
Soften butter and add to mixing bowl. Add egg, cake mix, sugar, and regular 2% milk.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Grease a 9×9″ baking dish. Spread half of the batter into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle white chocolate chips over top of the batter, then pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
Spread remaining lemon batter over top of chips and condensed milk. Smooth the top.
Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Every bite of Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars is so gooey it will have you coming back for more!
Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars are great for tailgating parties, too.
Here’s the recipe.
LEMON WHITE CHOCOLATE GOOEY BARS
(Recipe very slightly adapted from Life, Love and Sugar)
- 1 15.25-oz. pkg. [url href=”http://www.duncanhines.com/” target=”_blank”]Duncan Hines[/url]Lemon Supreme cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (not premiere white baking chips)
- ½ of a 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cake mix, butter, sugar, egg and 2% milk with a whisk until well combined.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Spray a 9×9” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread about half of the batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with all of the white chocolate chips.
- Pour condensed milk over top of the white chocolate chips as evenly as possible.
- Spoon remaining dough in dabs over top of the condensed milk and spread very gently with a knife to cover as much of the surface area as possible.
- (You won’t be able to cover all of the top, but most of it will be well covered).
- Bake at 350° for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Don’t Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars look fantastic?
The nice thing about these blondies is they have only 7 ingredients and they’re pretty easy to make!