M&M Cheesecake Brownies
Okay, are you ready for a divine and decadent brownie? M&M Cheesecake Brownies have it all! They have a scrumptious M&M cookie crust that’s topped with a cheesecake layer, then more cookie dough is crumbled over top, followed by M&Ms sprinkled over all. These brownies are the real deal.
They’re everything you want it a brownie and so much more! I actually baked this recipe on a quarter cookie sheet pan (about 11″x17″) so each recipe makes 48. M&M Cheesecake Brownies are great to take to birthday parties, brunches, baby showers, potlucks or to have around the house (if you dare!) whenever you want a chocolate fix.
Many of you who follow my blog know that we moved from our home south of the Metroplex (DFW area) last August. We have been living in temporary quarters while our new home is being built. Well, we are less than three weeks out now (FINALLY!!!!!), and since my freezer was empty of goodies I knew it was time to fill it back up again before we begin the move-in process, because I expect to be out of commission (i.e., not cooking) for about three weeks.
It has been almost nine months since we began the process of building and almost a year since we originally put everything in order and got our former house up on the market. So our lives have kind of been in an uproar, and in an unsettled state for some time. While we’ve tried to make the best of it, I’ll be so glad to finally be moved into our new house sometime in March. Yay!
John likes to take treats with him whenever he visits folks so I made 12 different versions of this recipe, and each one turned out spectacularly, if I do say so myself. 🙂 I spent four days last week making these goodies so I could stock the freezer, so hopefully I have enough stuff to pass out for the next couple of months.
I find it easy to make soups, muffins and breads and stash them in my freezer, too, then when someone is moving, sick, having a baby or just home from the hospital, I can defrost those items from my freezer and have a meal ready pretty quickly.
If you’re looking for a fantastic dessert brownie to wow your company, M&M Cheesecake Brownies will knock their socks off! If you’re an M&M lover, you’ll be in seventh heaven. Enjoy. 🙂
M&M Cheesecake Brownies are divine!
These is a great dessert for any kind of party.
If you’re looking for a great idea for a special occasion dessert, give M&M Cheesecake Brownies a try.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the cookie dough.
Soften butter and place in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs and vanilla.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add M&Ms.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Press one-half to two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 11″x17″ baking sheet. (You may have to sprinkle a tablespoon or two of flour over the ingredients so the dough doesn’t stick to your hands or fork when pressing into the cookie sheet.
I used these ingredients for the cheesecake layer.
Soften cream cheese, add eggs, sugar and vanilla.
Cream with an electric mixer until no lumps remain.
Spread cheesecake layer over top of cookie dough layer.
Crumble remaining cookie dough over top of cheesecake layer. Sprinkle additional M&Ms on top.
Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven), until cookies are set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool and cut into bars.
M&M Cheesecake Brownies are a super dessert whenever you need a chocolate fix.
You better hide a stash of these for yourself or they’ll all get eaten up immediately!
Here’s the recipe.
M&M CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
(My own concoction)
- [b]COOKIE DOUGH LAYER:[/b][br]
- 1 cup Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 ½ cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 ½ cups [url href=”https://www.mymms.com/home.do?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6bq2BRC6ppf0_83Z1YIBEiQAgPYNvVNjsYk1dpwev_iC9-TaeLnuEPwQEfSvWeN0_bQTBL0aAukB8P8HAQ” target=”_blank”]M&Ms[/url], divided use[br]
- [b]CREAM CHEESE FILLING:[/b][br]
- 2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt with an electric mixer until well-mixed.
- Stir in flour and 2 cups M&Ms.
- Spray 11”x17”” jelly-roll pan with cooking spray.
- Press about ½ to 2/3 of the cookie dough into the pan.
- Spread cream cheese filling over top of M&M cookie dough layer.
- Crumble remaining cookie dough over top of the cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle ½ cup M&Ms over top of cookie dough layer.
- Bake at 350° for about 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. [br]
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour over cookie dough crust layer and cover with remaining dough.
If you love M&Ms you’ll love this dessert.
M&M Cheesecake Brownies are a chocolate lover’s delight.
Try one of these heavenly brownies today!