Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are the B-E-S-T!!! These muffins are filled with bananas, coconut, walnuts, almond flavoring and chocolate chips. They have great texture and flavor. They’re also very easy to make! I have to admit I love muffins. Anything with Bananas or chocolate chips or both suits me just fine. 🙂 Even gluten free muffins are some of my personal favorites.
Earlier this month I made a meal for a friend and his family after he got through eye surgery. For the main meal I brought Chicken Chalupa, Carrots in Creamy Vegan Dill Sauce, “Cracked Out” Sweet Cornbread and Blueberry Gooey Butter Cake Bars. While I made Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins for breakfast, several family members decided to have these for dessert instead! In fact, I got rave reviews from the patient who enjoyed these delectable muffins right after dinner.
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are amazing. They have so many different things going for them. We absolutely adored these muffins and believe you will too once you give them a try. You’ll be licking chocolate off your fingers and devouring every crumb. 🙂
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are incredibly good.
The softened chocolate chips on top just seem to dissolve in your mouth when eating these jewels.
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are great muffins for a holiday or anniversary breakfast.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place melted butter in a mixing bowl. Add bananas, eggs, vanilla, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and almond extract.
Whisk to combine. Don’t worry about having chunks of bananas.
Add UNBLEACHED all purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Grease muffin tins really well. Spoon batter into muffin tins until almost full. Sprinkle about 20 chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and continue baking about 20-22 additional minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from muffin tins.
You’ll be drooling over these luscious muffins.
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are great to bring to staff breakfasts, baby showers or any kind of potluck. Everyone loves chocolate!
Here’s the recipe.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup [url href=”https://www.landolakes.com/products/butter/” target=”_blank”]Land O’Lakes[/url] butter, melted
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 12-oz. bag [url href=”https://www.hersheys.com/en_us/products/baking-chocolate.html” target=”_blank”]Hershey’s[/url] chocolate chips, divided use
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease 11 muffin tins; set aside.
- In large bowl combine melted butter, mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add flour, coconut, walnuts and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle about 20 additional chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking an additional 20-22 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Prepare to experience a chocolate explosion once you sink your teeth into these muffins.
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Muffins are a great choice for any family breakfast. They also make a tasty dessert!