Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2013
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies are another spectacular cookie I think you’ll really enjoy. These luscious pumpkin cookies are filled with all kinds of spices, cheesecake pudding mix and cinnamon chips and wow do they whip up into one amazing cookie! I started with the recipe for my Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, but instead of making whoopie pies I’ve been wanting to add cheesecake pudding mix and cinnamon chips to a delicious pumpkin recipe to see how it would turn out. Heavenly! I loved these delicious cookies.
I had some extra cinnamon chips in my pantry that I’ve been wanting to use up, and when I ended up with some leftover pumpkin after making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies I knew this was a cookie in the making. I actually intended to use the cheesecake pudding mix and cinnamon chips in the Melt in Your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies, but I ended up following the directions pretty closely for that recipe and decided these ingredients needed to be made into a whole new cookie. I’m not sure why everyone loves pumpkin cookies so much, but all four of these recipes (including today’s recipe) have gotten rave reviews everywhere I’ve taken them. I think you and your family will rave over them, too!
If you’re looking for a delicious, spicy pumpkin cookie with a cheesecake taste and cinnamon chips in the batter for a little added crunch and sweetness than consider making up a batch of these spectacular cookies soon before pumpkin supplies wear out. You will love them!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies are delightful.
Here’s a stack of Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies.
Take a plate of these delicious cookies anywhere and they will be wolfed down in no time!
Here’s a close up so you can see the texture of these heavenly cookies. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies have a wonderful texture and spectacular taste.
Here’s what I did.
In a mixing bowl place eggs, brown sugar and cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix.
Add ginger, cloves, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Add vanilla, oil and pumpkin. (You will see from my pictures that I forgot to add the pumpkin here and couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the recipe!)
Mix with an electric mixer until combined.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add cinnamon Chips.
As I was stirring the mixture I kept asking myself what is wrong with this dough? It’s not supposed to be like this. I finally remembered I had forgotten to add the pumpkin earlier. Duh.
Now all the dough ingredients are stirred together with a wooden spoon. Roll mixture into balls and place on greased or sprayed baking sheets. You will have to keep your hands moist while rolling in order to prevent your hands from constantly sticking to the dough.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until done. Cool cookies completely.
These cookies plump up very nicely while baking. They don’t flatten out from too much butter and sugar and too little flour like some cookies do. I wanted to keep eating more of these cookies, but I limited myself to just one before packing them off to friends.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies have a wonderful spicy taste with all the spices in the batter, plus a double cinnamon flavor with cinnamon and cinnamon chips in the batter. We loved the way these cookies turned out.
Here’s the recipe.
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE COOKIES
(Recipe inspired from my Pumpkin Whoopie Pies recipe)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups [url href=”http://www.libbys.com/our-products” target=”_blank” title=”libby’s pumpkin”]Libby’s[/url] solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box [url href=”http://www.jello.com/product/pudding-mousse-desserts/cheesecake” target=”_blank” title=”jello cheesecake pudding mix”]Jello[/url] cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
- 12-oz. bag [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”hershey’s cinnamon chips”]Hershey’s[/url] cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease baking sheets or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the oil, brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, cheesecake pudding mix, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and pumpkin pie spice with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon chips.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
These cookies hold their shape well. The cheesecake pudding mix adds more flavor and softening to the texture. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies are sensational cookies your whole family will love.
These cookies aren’t too difficult to make and are great for holiday parties and gatherings.
One of these has your name on it!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
[amazon_link asins=’B01CYYVCSS,B00030CGKY,B001CIEJRO,B01L274FL4,B000UF0L0E’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cantstayoutof-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’080b9cef-4d84-11e7-ba7d-a17a8cca4025′]