Easy Turkey and Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups or wraps are delightful. This is a wonderful tasting snack that is quick and easy to assemble. Spread tortillas with mayonnaise and mustard, then layer with turkey, Swiss cheese and Romaine lettuce. Roll up the tortilla and you have a great snack for lunches, picnics, potlucks, or any place you would normally bring sandwiches. The taste was sensational!
I made up this recipe when I wanted to serve a hearty snack for our Vacation Bible School workers at our church. This one really hit the spot. Everybody loved it. I kept these from drying out by layering them in large foil pans and then covering the cut tortillas with damp paper towels and then covering with plastic wrap.
If you’re looking for a tasty and delicious way to prepare turkey and cheese sandwiches, then why not consider making them as tortilla roll ups instead? These are great for tailgating parties or to eat while you’re driving on vacation. The sky’s the limit with how many different ways you can serve these quick and easy appetizers. If you want to include more veggies, by all means, add diced tomato, cucumber, red onion, or alfalfa sprouts if desired.
When I initially posted this recipe in July 2012, I had only been blogging for a month. My pictures were of really poor quality not only because I wasn’t using an expensive camera, but because I was rushing through the process. I had tons of food prep I was doing and taking pictures didn’t figure into that process much back then.
I recently remade this recipe for company and retook the pictures. I used 3 different kinds of cheese: Swiss, Pepperjack and Cheddar. On the roll ups with Pepperjack cheese I also added sliced pepperocinis and used a southwestern tortilla wrap with a little more zip to it.
The other ones were mostly on plain flour tortillas and I did not include the pepperocinis on them so that those who were coming for lunch (and didn’t enjoy spicy food) could enjoy them prepared this way. As I stated earlier, you can load these up with more stuff, but I found this was plenty to be able to roll up in the tortillas. And what did our guests think? They loved them! 🙂
These roll ups are easy and delicious! A simply yummy lunch idea. Bring your sandwich in a tortilla instead!
Easy Turkey and Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups are great for tailgating, Super Bowl fare, or other parties where you serve finger foods.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. I only put the pepperocinis on the wraps with the pepperjack cheese.
Spread a flour tortilla with Miracle Whip salad dressing. Squirt spicy brown mustard in little dabs over top.
Place a slice of cheese over top. I chose from Swiss, sharp Cheddar and Pepperjack. Add about 3 thinly sliced turkey slices over top the cheese.
Add pieces of Romaine lettuce and several slices of pepperocinis, if you’re using them.
Roll up as tightly as possible. Seal the edges well with more Miracle Whip, if necessary to get a good seal.
Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap, then place all of them in a zip lock bag and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Refrigerate until ready to serve, then cut each tortilla in halves or quarters. I eventually ended up cutting off all the ends so they were clean cut on all sides.
Garnish with olives, pickles, tomatoes or your favorite veggie.
Here’s the recipe.
EASY TURKEY AND CHEESE TORTILLA ROLL UPS
(My own concoction)
- Flour tortillas
- 16-oz. thinly sliced deli turkey
- Sargento Swiss cheese slices
- Kraft Big Slice Pepperjack
- Kraft Big Slice sharp cheddar cheese (about 15 total slices for all cheeses)
- Miracle Whip salad dressing (I used more than a cup total, but I didn’t measure it)
- Gulden’s Spicy brown mustard (probably totaled about 1/3 to ½ cup)
- Romaine lettuce pieces (about 5 or 6 leaves, or more if desired)
- Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of Miracle Whip to the very edges.
- Squirt or dab on some spicy brown mustard to taste.
- (I did not spread this with a knife).
- Place a slice of cheese at the bottom of the tortilla.
- Place about 1 ounce turkey (3-5 very thin slices) over top the cheese.
- Add small pieces of Romaine lettuce.
- If desired, add slices of pepperocinis that have been patted dry.
- Starting at the bottom roll up the tortilla as tightly as you can.
- Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place in zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight if possible, or at least 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Cut each tortilla in 4 slices.
- Makes about 15 or 16 full tortillas (64 roll ups), but you can cut this down and make the amount you want to make.
Easy Turkey and Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups are great appetizers or snacks anytime of the day!
Easy Turkey and Cheese Tortilla Roll Ups are great for kid’s lunches or quick dinners when you’re really busy!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $35.96Was: $44.95
Price: $8.98Was: $9.37