Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies
Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies are sensational! This is a recipe for coffee lovers AND chocolate lovers! Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies are filled with brewed coffee, chocolate syrup and cocoa. They use four different extracts or flavorings. They are quite rich due to using 3 cups of sugar in the recipe. They’re also strong in flavor from all the chocolate and coffee. I topped the brownies with strawberry ice cream and chocolate syrup. But the brownies are so rich, they really don’t need it.
I love finding great recipes off the backs of boxes and packages. This recipe came from the back of an Adam’s extract box. I used it for holiday baking years ago. I taped the recipe into my huge 5-inch 3-ring binders as a recipe to try. As it happened, I had butter, chocolate, vanilla and almond extracts in my pantry (along with all the other ingredients). So I decided to give it a go last week. I planned to drop off a care package at my dentist’s office. These brownies turned out wonderfully. I really liked the texture of the batter as well as the finished product.
These coffee-flavored brownies with a kick of almond flavoring added are literally to die for! They’re great for holiday baking, tailgating parties or potlucks. Serve with or without ice cream and syrup. For those of you who love your java, then get set, get ready, Go!
I initially posted this recipe in April 2014. I felt like my pictures were only so-so, so I decided to remake the recipe (January 2020). I brewed a cup of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee in my Keurig for the recipe. I served the recipe to our church’s college group one Sunday night. Our hostess brought her husband’s famous Deer Chili. I made a Sweet Mexican Cornbread, salad and these luscious brownies. Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies got two thumbs up!
Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies is a dessert for coffee and/or chocolate lovers!
These marvelous brownies have strong chocolate, almond and coffee flavors.
Our college group gave these brownies two thumbs up!
These brownies are terrific with or without ice cream and syrup.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl. Add melted butter.
Whisk ingredients until combined.
Add brewed coffee with vanilla extract, almond extract, butter extract, chocolate extract, salt and baking powder.
Whisk ingredients again until combined.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add cocoa and chocolate syrup.
Whisk ingredients until well combined.
Grease or spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread brownie batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. My batch took about 65 minutes.
These brownies are so rich. But they are richer yet, when strawberry or vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup are added on top!
Don’t Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies look scrumptious?
These brownies are great for an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee. 🙂
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE MOCHA ALMOND BROWNIES
(Recipe adapted from Adam’s Extracts and Spices
- 1 ½ cups melted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. real vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. butter flavoring
- 1 tbsp. chocolate extract
- 2 tbsp. brewed coffee, any kind (see note)
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/” target=”_blank” title=”hershey’s chocolate syrup”]Hershey’s[/url] chocolate syrup minus 2 tbsp.
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.nestleusa.com/brands/chocolate” target=”_blank” title=”nestle tollhouse cocoa”]Nestle’s[/url] Tollhouse Cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Mix butter, sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add extracts, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix again.
- Add flour and chocolate syrup and mix one last time until everything is well combined.
- Spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add brownie batter.
- Bake at 350° approximately 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Prepare yourself for a sugar high with Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies! These mouthwatering brownies are so amazing they’ll knock your socks off!
Time to sit down and eat one!
Chocolate Mocha Almond Brownies will cure any sweet tooth craving. They’re marvelous for holidays, holiday baking, tailgating parties or family reunions.