Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread is spectacular. No kidding. It’s like eating homemade Cinnamon Rolls but in banana bread form. Yay! It’s a great treat for company, weekend or holiday breakfasts too. It’s wonderful to wake up to the smells of this cinnamon for breakfast. If you’re a cinnamon lover, this will be a big hit at your house.
This really awesome bread has cinnamon chips, hazelnuts, bananas and a terrific cinnamon buttercream glaze drizzled over top. Yum. This tasty sweet bread has triple the cinnamon flavor with cinnamon and cinnamon chips in the bread and cinnamon in the icing. Plus, it doesn’t skimp out on sugar so it’s incredibly sweet just like cinnamon rolls! This bread is also deliciously moist and sumptuous.
We had some friends who were moving into a new home a week ago. I wanted to take a meal to them to help out. As it happened, I had a bunch of bananas on hand that needed using up. I thought this bread would be perfect for breakfast. The nice thing about this recipe is it makes five small bread loaves. I passed three of the loaves on to the folks I took the meal to. I put the other two loaves in the freezer for later. It’s also a great recipe for bake sales, holiday baking, or special occasion brunches.
This is a great recipe to make if you have a craving for cinnamon rolls. If you don’t want all the work of a yeast bread recipe, then consider giving Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread a try. It will cure any sweet tooth desire and leave you wanting more!
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread is filled with cinnamon chips, hazelnuts and has a cinnamon buttercream glaze on top!
You’ll be drooling after one bite of this delicious bread.
Here’s a close up of Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread. This moist sweet bread is chocked full of nuts and cinnamon chips.
Here’s what I did.
Place softened butter in a bowl. Add sugar, eggs, and mashed bananas. Mix with an electric mixer to combine.
Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla and mix again.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods), cinnamon chips and hazelnuts. You can also use either pecans or walnuts.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease and flour 5 small bread loaf pans. Divide mixture among the five pans.
Bake about 1 hour at 350, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool bread completely. Invert bread onto serving plates.
Whisk softened butter, cinnamon, powdered sugar and enough water or milk to make the icing of spreading consistency.
Spoon icing into a plastic bag and cut off the tip. Pipe icing over top of bread loaves.
Allow the icing to harden somewhat before cutting.
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread will have you coming back for more! Each mouthful of Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread will satisfy all your sweet tooth cravings.
This is a great bread to make for special occasion breakfasts, holidays, or anytime your family wants a sweet treat!
Here’s the recipe.
CINNAMON ROLL BANANA BREAD
(My own concoction)
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups chopped Diamond Hazelnuts
- 12-oz. bag Hershey’s cinnamon chips
- Soften butter.
- Add with sugar, eggs and bananas to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and mix again with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, hazelnuts and cinnamon chips and stir to combine.
- Spray five 3 1/2×6” bread pans with Bakers’ Joy cooking spray or grease and flour well.
- Divide batter between the five pans.
- Bake at 350° for about one hour or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Ice with Buttercream Cinnamon Glaze.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. water or milk
- Soften butter in small mixing bowl.
- Add cinnamon, powdered sugar and enough water or milk to make of spread consistency.
- Drizzle icing over bread.
- Allow icing to harden on bread.
- Slice down.
- About 7 slices for each pan.
Doesn’t Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread look scrumptious?
It’s not always easy to find hazelnuts. When I saw them at the grocery store about a month ago I snatched up a couple of bags so I could use them for baking.
Are you drooling yet?