Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars
Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars are sensational. Oh my gosh, are you ready for a spectacular dessert bar? These ooey, gooey drool-worthy bars start with a Carrot Cake cake mix! Half of the cake mix batter is spread in a baking dish, topped with sweetened condensed milk (which is what makes this dessert so gooey), then sprinkled with white chocolate chips and the remaining cake batter. After baking, Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars become one of the most spectacular brownies you will ever eat. I mean these cookies are ridiculously amazing!
After making my Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars a couple of weeks ago, I decided to make a few other versions, including Strawberry, Funfetti and this lovely Carrot Cake version. These gooey bars are a little different because of the cinnamon spiciness included in the cake mix. The cinnamon adds delightful deep flavor to these bars.
I make one recommendation for making Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars: don’t try to make a double batch of this recipe in a 9×13″ glass baking dish. The recipe takes too long to cook that way, so the white chocolate chips dissolve into the brownies and lose their texture. The outsides of the dish over-bake and caramelize so the edges become a little tougher. Lesson learned: bake in small batches only! 🙂
For those of you who enjoy bars that are gooey (rather than dried out!), and especially with the appeal of Carrot Cake, these brownies should be at the top of your list of desserts to make. White chocolate just adds to the amazing explosion of flavor and texture in this dessert. Let me warn you in advance that these cookie-bars are addictive. After tasting one, you will want another, and another, and another! I sure did.
Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars are a sensational treat your whole family will love.
If you like ooey, gooey desserts you’ll love this one!
The lovely taste of Carrot Cake permeates these lovely brownies.
Here’s what I did.
I used these 7 ingredients.
Place cake mix, softened butter, sugar, egg and milk in a mixing bowl.
Whisk ingredients to combine making sure no lumps remain.
Spread half of the carrot cake mixture into a greased 9×9 or 8×12″ glass baking dish.
Pour a half can of the sweetened condensed milk over top of carrot cake layer. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over top.
Spread remaining cake batter over top of white chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars are filled with white chocolate chips, making them so scrumptious you won’t be able to stop eating them!
Here’s the recipe.
CARROT CAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GOOEY BARS
(Recipe inspired from my Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars)
- 1 15.25-oz. pkg. [url href=”http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/betty-crocker-baking-and-cake-mixes/carrot” target=”_blank”]Betty Crocker[/url] Carrot Cake cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (not premiere white baking chips)
- half of a14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cake mix, butter, sugar, egg and milk with a whisk until well combined.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Spray a 9×9” or 8×12″ glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread about half of the batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with all of the white chocolate chips.
- Pour condensed milk over top of the white chocolate chips as evenly as possible.
- Spoon remaining dough in dabs over top of the condensed milk and spread very gently with a knife to cover as much of the surface area as possible.
- (You won’t be able to cover all of the top, but most of it will be well covered).
- Bake at 350° for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Don’t Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars look dreamy?
Carrot Cake White Chocolate Gooey Bars are great for holiday baking, too.