If you enjoy the flavor of butterscotch you’ll love these amazing Butterscotch Cookies made with almonds. These are a rich, decadent and heavenly cookie that satisfies completely. The combination of butterscotch and almond flavorings is also exceptional in my opinion.
I’ve had an abundance of things in my pantry that I’ve wanted to clear out for some time. I had five HUGE bags of whole almonds. FIVE! My husband used to snack on them all the time, but when he stopped I still had all these almonds taking up space. I also found two bags of butterscotch chips that needed using up. So I decided to use one of my favorite cookie dough recipes and substitute butterscotch chips for chocolate and almonds for pecans. Oh, they were so, so good.
I handed the cookies out to friends and neighbors. One of the neighbors behind us said they were the best cookies he had ever eaten! They were extraordinary, that’s for sure. They were crunchy, sweet and because I made them big, they were quite substantial–almost like eating a meal! 🙂
Butterscotch Cookies are terrific for potlucks, soccer or hockey practices, tailgating parties or for holiday baking. No matter where you take them, one cookie won’t be enough. Hahaha.
Butterscotch Cookies are spectacular.
These cookies are chocked full of butterscotch chips and chopped almonds.
These cookies are pretty large in size so they’re pretty substantial.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add butterscotch chips and chopped almonds.
Stir until combined. This will take about 5 minutes or so until the flour is worked in thoroughly and large clumps start to form.
Scoop and pack dough into a large cookie scoop. Place on UNGREASED cookie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Rotate cookie sheets on racks in oven every seven to eight minutes while baking. My cookies took about 18 minutes to bake completely since they were large.
Settle down with a cold glass of milk and enjoy.
Every bite will knock your socks off!
Butterscotch Cookies are wonderful for hockey games, soccer practice, tailgating parties or holiday baking.
Here’s the recipe.
(My own concoction)
Butterscotch Cookies are rich, decadent and heavenly!
I guarantee you’re going to want seconds of this amazing cookie. 🙂
These chunky cookies are spectacular!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened (3 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp. real vanilla extract (tablespoon NOT teaspoon)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 11-oz. pkgs. butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt with electric beaters until smooth.
- Stir in flour, both butterscotch chips and almonds.
- With a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and pack it into the cookie scoop before leveling it off.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets approximately 2 to 3-inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Rotate cookies on racks every seven to eight minutes while baking.
- Cool cookies about 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.