Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are divine. I mean these cookies are so scrumptious good. I started with one of my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes. But I added diced almonds instead of the pecans that are normally in the recipe. What a combination. These cookies were sensational!
I had five 30-oz. bags of whole almonds taking up space in my pantry. My husband used to go through a bag for snacks every couple of weeks or so. But he stopped eating them and so I had all these almonds that needed to be used up. I started putting them in all kinds of cookie combinations. I still have a couple of bags to go, but I’m getting there. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are a big, substantial cookie with lots of crunch, yet soft and gooey on the inside. I used two whole bags of miniature chocolate chips in this recipe, so they’re really chocolaty. The one thing you’ll need to do is make sure you really stir the batter exceptionally well. I usually end up stirring it about 5 minutes. You heard me right. FIVE MINUTES.
It takes that long for all the flour to adhere and start forming really large clumps. Then I pack it down into the cookie scoop before placing it the cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheets. If you fail to stir the dough long enough, or fail to pack the dough into the cookie scoop, the dough will come out in clumps on the cookie sheet and you have to start over.
Because the cookies are so large they take awhile to bake. Mine usually take about 18 minutes but I also rotate the cookie pans on the wire racks in the oven about every 7-8 minutes while baking. That ensures even baking but it will cool down the oven a little so the cookies take a little longer to bake.
These irresistible cookies are wonderful for tailgating or office parties, soccer, hockey or gym practice with your kids, potlucks, backyard barbecues or family reunions. Everyone will enjoy these crunchy, chocolaty cookies. You may even have to bake a second batch. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are divine!
These cookies are delightful to munch on when you’re at sporting events or practice for your kids.
There’s plenty to share with others, too. 🙂
Every bite will knock your socks off!
Here’s the recipe.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, salt, baking soda and vanilla extract.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add miniature chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
Stir, stir, stir, until large clumps start to form with the dough. This will take about 5 minutes.
Scoop dough out with a large cookie scoop and pack dough into the scoop before leveling off.
Place dough on ungreased cookie sheets about three inches apart.
Bake at 350 degrees about 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. My cookies took about 18 minutes to bake completely. (Rotate cookie pans on wire racks in oven about every 7-8 minutes of baking time).
Sit down and enjoy a stack. 🙂
I recommend Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies for Christmas Cookie Exchanges and holiday baking as well.
These crunchy cookies are gooey inside with all that chocolate!
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are substantial in size.
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP ALMOND COOKIES
(My own concoction)
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- 2 18×26" cookie sheet pans
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 spatula
- 1 1/4 cup cookie scoop
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 2 wire cooling racks
- 1 nut chopper to finely dice almonds
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened (3 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract tablespoon NOT teaspoon (no substitutes)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (Bleached flour toughens baked goods
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 24 oz. pkg. miniature chocolate chips (two 12-ounce packages)
- 2 cups almonds finely chopped (measure after chopping)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl with electric beaters until smooth.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Stir thoroughly; this may take 4-5 minutes.
- With a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and pack it into the cookie scoop before leveling it off.
- Place onto ungreased cookie pans approximately 3-inches apart.
- Rotate cookies on racks every seven to eight minutes while baking.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Rotate cookie sheets on oven racks every 7 minutes of baking time.
- Cool cookies about 5 minutes on cookie pans before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
If you enjoy chocolate and almonds together, this combination is fabulous.
Prepare to swoon over these magnificent cookies! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies bake up into one delicious dessert.
We loved the way these cookies turned out. So did the neighbors we shared them with. 🙂