I have had this Chicken Lasagna recipe several times in the past year and enjoy it every time. Instead of the traditional lasagna, this one uses chicken, a mixed vegetable blend of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots a cheese sauce made with cream of chicken soup and it’s topped off with a Taco Cheese blend. It’s really outstanding. Plus, you can make it up ahead and just bake it before you need it.
Follow Me On Instagram!
Last year a few weeks before Christmas, our church community group got together for a fun night of games and food. Our hostess made Chicken Lasagna and she asked me to make a more traditional lasagna. I made World’s Best Lasagna at the time. Everyone had to sample both of the lasagnas that night. And yes, they were both ooohed and aaawwwed over.
I finally had an opportunity to make this recipe when we had some friends over for dinner. Those friends included our original hostess who gave me this recipe! She has made this vintage recipe for decades so I was glad to try it out again. I served it with a Cheesy Asparagus Casserole and some of our favorite homemade bread. Our guests brought salad and a dessert. All of us drooled over that meal.
Chicken Lasagna is really extra cheesy and delicious. While it has a few steps, it’s not near as difficult or involved as many lasagna recipes. It’s terrific for company dinners too. Enjoy.
Chicken Lasagna is outstanding!
This cheesy lasagna recipe is a real twist on typical lasagna.
It was terrific with Cheesy Asparagus Casserole and homemade bread.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Cook the lasagna noodles until al dente. (Don’t overcook or they will fall apart).
Remove the lasagna noodles and spread out on waxed paper.
Combine a large 26-ounce can of cream of chicken soup, sour cream and half-and-half.
Stir well until everything is well mixed.
Spray a deep-dish (4 inches deep) 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Layer three cooked lasagna noodles across the bottom of the dish.
Microwave vegetables in bag and set aside to cool slightly. Spread about a third of the cooked vegetables over top of the lasagna noodles. (This picture shows less than a third).
Add one-third of the shredded chicken.
Add one-third of the sauce.
Add about one-third of the Taco cheese blend.
Repeat layers twice: Layer noodles over top of cheese.
Add another third of the cooked vegetables.
Add another third of the shredded chicken.
Add another third of the sauce.
Add another third of the Taco Cheese blend.
Add the final three noodles over top of the cheese.
Add the remaining cooked vegetables over top of the lasagna noodles.
Add the remaining shredded chicken over top of the cooked vegetables.
Add the remaining sauce over top of the shredded chicken.
Add the remaining Taco Cheese Blend over top of the sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees about 25-30 minutes or until the casserole is heated through.
Allow the casserole to sit out about 10 minutes before serving.
Chicken Lasagna is really wonderful to serve for company. It’s cheesy, saucy and has plenty of chicken.
Every time we serve this tasty casserole we get rave reviews! It’s delicious with Cheesy Asparagus Casserole.
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe adapted from Nancy Bergsma, Providence Church, Frisco, TX)
- 1 deep dish 9×13" baking dish at least four inches deep (not a regular 2-inch pyrex baking dish)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 large sauce pan with lid to boil the lasagna noodles
- measuring cups
- tongs to remove the lasagna noodles from boiling water
- waxed paper to lay the cooked noodles
- 1 microwave oven (to cook the vegetables)
- 1 spatula
- 1 1/4 lbs. shredded chicken (see note below)
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 26 oz. can cream of chicken soup (the family size can or 2 1/2 cans of the regular size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 16 oz. bag Taco cheese shredded
- 24 oz. frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots (two 12-ounce packages)
- Cook noodles in boiling water in large stock pot; remove from heat..
- Remove individual noodles with tongs and place on waxed paper to drain.
- Cook vegetables in microwave oven about 5 minutes per bag on high; set aside.
- Mix sour cream, half-and-half and soup in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon to make a sauce.
- In a 9×13” greased deep-dish baking dish, layer the noodles, vegetables, chicken, sauce and cheese.
- Repeat layers once and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Chicken Lasagna was perfect paired with Cheesy Asparagus Casserole.
Your family will love sitting down to a plate of Chicken Lasagna for dinner!
Chicken Lasagna, Cheesy Asparagus Casserole, Homemade Bread and fruit. What’s not to love?