Orange Creamsicle Fluff
Gluten Free Living – 2023
Orange Creamsicle Fluff is one of those outrageously delicious salads that you’ll swoon over. No kidding. And I’ve got the goods to back up such an outlandish statement! This amazing salad has it all. It’s smooth and creamy. The flavors are divine. It has delightful texture from the fruit, marshmallows and pecans. Plus, it’s sweet enough to enjoy for a dessert. Oh my.
I signed up to bring a couple of side dishes to an Empty Nesters’ Potluck at our church the end of February. I made Creamy Sweet Corn, Cheesy Green Bean Casserole and this delightful salad. I ended up dropping our stuff off at the hostess’s and we left town to attend a Trustee meeting with former co-workers, colleagues and friends. That was a wonderful few days of enjoying time with people we hadn’t seen in quite some time.
When we got back home the hostess dropped off all of our crockpots and other dishes and told me everything was a hit. I can tell you that I, personally, loved this Orange Creamsicle Fluff. (The cook always gets a sample!) 🙂 The salad turned out amazing well. I thought the combination of flavors and texture outstanding.
This salad has several steps so make sure you read the directions a couple of times. Two or three times you have to refrigerate for 15 minutes or so at a time at different stages of the process. Still, it’s one of the best fluffy salads I’ve ever eaten. I think you’ll find it so as well.
Orange Creamsicle Fluff is outstanding!
This luscious salad tastes like eating Orange Creamsicles!
Every bite will have you swooning.
Orange Creamsicle Fluff will rock your world!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Pour a box of orange gelatin into a large mixing bowl.
Add boiling water.
Stir until gelatin completely dissolves.
Now add cold water and stir to combine.
Place gelatin in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes in the refrigerator, the gelatin will be almost completely set up. Now add vanilla pudding mix and orange extract and whisk well to combine.
Refrigerate again, this time for 20 minutes.
Add softened cream cheese, Cool Whip, three-fourths of the miniature marshmallows, three-fourths of the mandarin orange segments and all but two tablespoons of the finely diced pecans.
Stir ingredients into gelatin mixture until very well combined. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and refrigerate mixture for two hours.
Remove from refrigerator and garnish with remaining mandarin orange segments, marshmallows, the diced pecans and add maraschino cherries. Cover carefully with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can also serve the Orange Creamsicle Fluff in individual parfait glasses, if desired. Garnish each parfait dish with extra diced pecans, marshmallows, mandarin orange segments and a maraschino cherry.
Whether you serve with a large serving spoon or in individual parfait glasses, this dessert, uh “salad,” will be a hit with everyone at the party. 🙂
Seriously, Orange Creamsicle Fluff is one of those salads that will have you ooooohing and aaaahhhhhing over every bite.
Orange Creamsicle Fluff is an outrageously good salad to die for!
Here’s the recipe.
ORANGE CREAMSICLE FLUFF
(My own concoction)
Orange Creamsicle Fluff
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 serving bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 nut chopper if the pecans are not previously diced
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 whisk
- 3 oz. pkg. orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 5.1 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened (1 block)
- 8 oz. container non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 28 oz. can mandarin orange segments well drained and oranges patted dry with paper towels (two 14-oz. cans)
- 1/2 cup pecans finely diced (measure after dicing)
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water in a serving bowl until fully dissolved.
- Add cold water and stir to combine.
- Place bowl in refrigerator and refrigerate mixture approximately 15 minutes.
- Add pudding mix and orange extract and whisk into Jell-O mixture until pudding mix is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate mixture an additional 20 minutes.
- Add softened cream cheese, whipped topping, ¾ of the marshmallows, ¾ of the mandarin orange segments and all but two tablespoons of the diced pecans.
- Refrigerate mixture for 2 hours.
- Garnish fluff with remaining miniature marshmallows, mandarin orange segments, diced pecans and maraschino cherries.
- Serve fluff with a large serving spoon.
- Or, scoop fluff into individual parfait glasses and top individual servings with remaining marshmallows, mandarin orange segments and diced pecans.
- Top each individual serving with a maraschino cherry for garnish.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Be prepared to swoon over this fruity salad.
My husband has always drooled over these kinds of fluffy salads. He’d rather eat this than dessert, any day. 🙂
This fantastic salad is perfect for holiday menus like Easter, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
Orange Creamsicle Fluff is also good for any kind of company dinner, potluck, backyard barbecue or Family Reunion. Everyone will want seconds…..or thirds of this delightful treat.