Chocolate Éclair Dessert
Chocolate Éclair Dessert is one of those delectable, creamy desserts that everyone loves. This one tastes like Chocolate Éclairs and uses only five ingredients. It’s extraordinary!. It can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes and then refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight before serving. It’s so easy and simple to make, but no one ever turns their nose up at this luscious dessert!
Back in May our church’s Community Group got together for dinner. Our hostess made two kinds of chili: a Turkey Chili and a Vegetarian Chili. Both were extremely good. She also added some cornbread. I asked if I could bring a dessert. I was looking through my pantry and realized I had all the ingredients on hand to make this dessert.
You wouldn’t believe the rave reviews I got over this one. When I told everyone it was so EASY and used only 5 ingredients they were amazed. Even those who don’t eat a lot of dessert tried a sample. A few went back for seconds. A couple of the guys put huge slabs on their plates! 🙂 And everyone oooohhhhed and aaaaahhhhhed over it.
Who would have thought that layering chocolate pudding between layers of graham crackers and adding a fudge chocolate frosting on top would turn out so wonderfully! But it does. If you want a fabulous dessert to wow your family and friends for company gatherings or holidays, Chocolate Éclair Dessert should be at the top of your bucket list. Watch everyone drool. 🙂
Chocolate Éclair Dessert is fantastic.
Chocolate pudding is spread between layers of graham crackers. Add Fudge Frosting on top and you have a drool-worthy dessert everyone will love!
This dessert is so easy to make since it uses only five ingredients!
Chocolate Éclair Dessert is perfect for company or holiday meals.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Pour chocolate pudding into a large mixing bowl.
Add half-and-half cream.
I add the half-and-half slowly–about 1/2 cup at a time, working in with the mixer after each addition. That way you don’t get pudding splatter all over your counter tops and cabinets!
Add Cool Whip.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
Spread one package of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9×13″ glass baking dish. You will have to break up some of the graham crackers to fit the dish.
Spread half of the chocolate pudding mixture over top of the graham cracker layer.
Spread another package of graham crackers over top of the first layer of chocolate pudding.
Spread remaining chocolate pudding over top of the graham cracker layer.
Top with remaining package of graham crackers.
With a knife or an icing spreader, spread canned chocolate fudge frosting over top of the final graham cracker layer. I microwaved the frosting about 10 seconds (without lid or foil) to soften the frosting enough for easy spreading.
Spread icing all the way to the edges of the dish filling in gaps as smoothly as possible.
Refrigerate dessert until ready to serve.
Chocolate Éclair Dessert can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes!
Decorate the dessert with fresh fruit, if desired.
Even those who don’t eat a lot of sweets will rave over this delicious dessert that tastes like eating Chocolate Éclairs!
Even your kids will enjoy making up a batch of Chocolate Éclair Dessert!
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE ÉCLAIR DESSERT
(My own concoction)
Chocolate Éclair Dessert
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 wooden spoon
- measuring cups
- 1 table knife or icing spreader
- 1 box honey graham crackers
- 6 oz. box instant chocolate pudding (two three-ounce boxes)
- 3 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip
- 16 oz. can ready-to-spread chocolate fudge frosting
- Spray 9×13” pan or baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour pudding into a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup half-and-half and mix well on low speed of electric mixer.
- Add cream in ½ cup measures mixing well after each addition continuing on low speed of electric mixer.
- Once all the cream has been added, adjust mixer to high speed and mix for about two minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add Cool Whip and stir well to combine.
- Take one package of the graham crackers and spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half of the chocolate pudding mixture.
- Spread with another layer of graham crackers, followed by the remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with the last layer of graham crackers.
- Spread chocolate frosting over all.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Be prepared for Chocolate Éclair Dessert to be wolfed down quickly!
No one would believe me when I told them this is basically chocolate pudding layered between graham crackers and canned chocolate fudge icing on top! Chocolate Éclair Dessert tastes so rich and decadent but it’s really very simple to make and uses simple ingredients.
This is the perfect dessert for chocolate lovers!
Chocolate Éclair Dessert will WOW all your family and friends!