Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2014
Prepare yourself for one scrumptious Christmas cookie. M&M Peanut Butter Cookies, oh my. M&Ms, peanut butter, what’s not to love? If you love a good Peanut Butter Cookie, you’ll love it even more with M&M’s added to the batch. I followed my regular Peanut Butter Cookie recipe but used crunchy peanut butter instead. Every mouthful is so enjoyable you will be hard pressed to not sit down with a plate of cookies and eat ALL of them!
After finishing our Christmas cookie baking this year I had a lot of leftover pantry ingredients that I wanted to use up. Extra crunchy peanut butter and M&M’s were two of the things on that list. So I decided to try to put them together and came up with this delightful recipe. We are constantly giving away cookies during the holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. These lovely cookies found their way into one of our care packages, although I set out a small plate for us which was gone very quickly.
If you’re looking for a sensational M&M Cookie recipe, or a fabulous Peanut Butter Cookie recipe, then you’ve come to the right place. M&M Peanut Butter Cookies are the answer! They’re great for holiday baking, tailgating parties, birthday celebrations or anytime you’re getting together with friends.
I love peanut butter cookies and these with a dose of chocolate are simply heavenly.
Every bite of M&M Peanut Butter Cookies is so mouthwatering.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. Instead of using Crisco shortening I used coconut oil instead. The cookies turned out wonderfully well.
Place softened butter, coconut oil, sugar, brown sugar, extra crunchy peanut butter, egg, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add M&M’s.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Chill dough at least one hour.
Roll dough into balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar.
Place cookie dough on greased cookie sheets. Press M&M’s into the tops of each cookie.
Bake cookies at 375 about 15-20 minutes until set but not hard.
If you love M&M’s you’ll love these cookies. They’re great for holiday baking, too.
M&M Peanut Butter Cookies are great for tailgating parties.
Here’s the recipe.
M&M PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
(Recipe inspired from my Peanut Butter Cookies recipe)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land o’ lakes”]Land O’ Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.jif.com/” target=”_blank” title=”jif peanut butter”]Jif[/url] extra crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups [url href=”http://www.mms.com/” target=”_blank” title=”M&M’s”]M&M[/url] chocolate candies, divided use
- Extra granulated sugar
- Set aside 1/3 cup M&M’s to decorate the tops of the cookies.
- Mix thoroughly the coconut oil, butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour and M&M’s and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill.
- (You cannot omit this step).
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Top with 3-4 M&M’s on each cookie.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until set but not hard.
Don’t M&M Peanut Butter Cookies look terrific?
Sit down with a glass of milk and enjoy a handful of these lovely cookies.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $279.00Was: $429.99
Price: $9.54Was: $21.99