Oh, my heavens, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are so marvelous, you will want to bake up a batch of these tasty and delicious muffins every weekend for breakfast! Seriously, these muffins are amazing. The chocolate chips soften from the heat of the oven so they become very gooey. The taste buds are exposed to that ooey, gooey texture while savoring every morsel of these delectable muffins, and you will close your eyes in delight at every bite.
Last month I offered to provide snacks for a friend who was hosting a party at her house for our new youth pastor, his wife, and the youth from our church. Several people provided appetizers and snacks, but I had first dibs on providing sweets for the sweet tooth.
I chose to make three kinds of banana muffins and a strawberry bar. All the kids raved over the “desserts.” Even though muffins are not usually considered dessert, they provided a great snack item for all the teenagers and they wolfed them down promptly. You will see why after one bite!
I was looking for a way to use up an abundance of overripe bananas so I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. Oh, man, one bite and I was drooling. The big thing to remember when making muffins is not to overmix the batter. I used a whisk for the first part, and then when adding the flour and chocolate chips, I stirred only until moistened.
Also, when baking muffins, I’ve found it’s better to bake them at 425 for the first 5 minutes of baking time. Then lower the temperature to 350 and bake for the remaining 15-20 minutes. This allows the muffins to raise a little better than if you bake the muffins at a lower temperature throughout the baking time.
If you’re looking for an awesome muffin recipe for breakfast, holidays, brunches, snacks or for “dessert,” then make up a batch of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins the next time you have a few overripe bananas. Everyone in your house will be salivating after one bite. 🙂
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are breathtaking!
You will be drooling big time over these amazing muffins.
The chocolate chips soften while baking making Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins ooey, gooey and decadent!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter and place in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, egg, salt, baking powder, mashed bananas, vanilla and milk.
Whisk ingredients to combine. It’s okay to leave larger pieces of banana in the batter so don’t whisk too vigorously.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add chocolate chips.
Stir ingredients gently with a wooden spoon to just moisten. Don’t overmix the batter.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly among 13 muffin tins filling almost to the top. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of the batter.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Serve Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast or brunch.
You may also enjoy serving these muffins for afternoon snacks or dessert!
Here’s the recipe.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- 1 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large or 3 small-medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, [u]melted[/u]
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional chocolate chips for top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter. Add sugar, baking powder, salt, bananas, egg, vanilla and milk in a large mixing bowl with a whisk. It’s okay to leave chunks of banana in the batter.
- Add flour and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spray 13 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter evenly into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over top of batter. (I added close to 10 chocolate chips on top of each muffin).
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to 350°.
- Continue baking an additional 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are great to serve for holiday breakfasts and brunches, too.
Prepare for a stampede if you serve these delectable muffins to friends or family! 🙂
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $12.00Was: $21.99