Oh, my. Have I got a doozy of a cake for you today. Peach Snickerdoodle Cake. Yes. All the lovely flavors of Snickerdoodles or Snickerdoodle Bread in cake form, drizzled with a caramel glaze. D-E-L-E-C-T-A-B-L-E! This amazing cake is filled with peaches, cinnamon, pecans, and cinnamon chips for spectacular texture and taste. The caramel glaze on top is to die for! Yes, it’s one wonderful dessert.
Peach season has come and gone for our household. But I still have several desserts I made back in July to post! I made this Peach Snickerdoodle Cake for our relator and her family. She ended up taking it when she visited her elderly mother in San Antonio and her mom enjoyed it so much she wanted to serve it to her friends. Without exception, everyone loved this dessert. Peaches and cinnamon chips just make everything better. 🙂 Of course, the homemade caramel icing doesn’t hurt, either.
I guarantee every bite of this sweet dessert is drool worthy. You will be salivating after the first smell! Besides that, your family and friends will enjoy taking this dessert off your hands so you don’t have to eat it all. 🙂
Peach Snickerdoodle Cake is awesome!
This is a great way to use up fresh peaches, but you can also use canned or frozen peaches in a pinch.
Peach Snickerdoodle Cake won’t last long. Better grab a piece while you still can!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the cake.
Place oil, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add peaches, pecans and cinnamon chips. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease and flour a bundt pan very generously. Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until a knife inserted all the way to the bottom of the pan comes out clean. Cool cake completely before adding caramel glaze.
I used these ingredients for the caramel glaze.
Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir continually and simmer until thickened.
Invert cooled cake onto a serving plate. Spoon caramel glaze over top quickly. The icing thickens as it cools. Allow icing to set about 15 minutes until dry before cutting cake.
This cake was so awesome. I only got to eat the crumbs because I gave the cake away, but that was tantalizing enough! 🙂
Serve Peach Snickerdoodle Cake plain or with ice cream if desired.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH SNICKERDOODLE CAKE
(My own concoction)
- 1 ½ cups canola or coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. McCormick real vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 10-oz. Hershey’s cinnamon chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick Land ‘O Lakes unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. McCormick real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Beat together oil, granulated sugar, eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in flour, peaches, cinnamon chips and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 1 ¼ hours to 1 ½ hours at 350° or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully ease the cake away from the edges of the bundt pan all the way around.
- Invert cake onto a plate.
- Bring to a boil the butter, brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 2 tbsp. vanilla.
- The glaze thickens and hardens as it cooks and cools.
- Working quickly, drizzle spoonfuls of cinnamon icing over inverted cake.
- The glaze will harden pretty fast so continue to drizzle icing over cake until all of it is used up.
- Let dry about 15 minutes before cutting or wrapping cake with plastic wrap.
Every bite of Peach Snickerdoodle Cake will have you licking your lips!
Peach Snickerdoodle Cake is great to serve for company. Everyone raves over it!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $14.43Was: $21.50