Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2014
This is heaven in cookie form! Seriously, Cinnamon Frosted Snickerdoodle Blondies are so scrumptious you will keep coming back for more and more. This is one of those make-on-the-fly type cookies. I had quite a bit of Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting leftover from making my Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies for our Christmas Cookie Extravaganza this year. I wanted to use up the frosting so it didn’t go to waste, so I started looking through recipes to see what I could whip up. I decided to use my basic Snickerdoodle recipe with a few changes. I used coconut oil instead of shortening and I added Cinnamon Chips. I also sprinkled cinnamon-sugar on top of the blondies before baking. After the cookies cooled, I spread them with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting. They were out of this world!
Cinnamon Frosted Snickerdoodle Blondies are sensational. These rich, dense, decadent cookies are so phenomenal you will want to make them immediately! These blondies are not particularly difficult to make, but I will make one suggestion. The frosting is easier to spread on the bars if you omit the cinnamon-sugar layer. Some of the cinnamon-sugar layer actually got swept up with the Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting when I tried to spread the frosting on top. It was still amazing to the taste buds, but something you should prepare yourself for.
We sent these tasty goodies out to John’s office along with my last couple of containers of peach cookies from this past fall. I had to clean out the last of our freezer space in order to include everything new we baked for this year’s Christmas Cookie Extravaganza. They were wolfed down quite quickly and enjoyed by all.
If you’re looking for a splendid batch of blondies to take to a Christmas party, a baby shower event, a tailgating party, or to share with family and friends over the holidays, consider putting Cinnamon Frosted Snickerdoodle Blondies on top of your list. I assure you that you will get rave reviews, with your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors and anyone else you share them with.
Cinnamon Frosted Snickerdoodle Blondies are some of the richest, sweetest, most decadent cookies you’ll ever eat!
I love cookies with frosting and these bars are sensational with their Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the blondies.
Place sugar, eggs, coconut oil, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add cinnamon chips.
Mix ingredients with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Press dough into a greased 10×15″ glass baking dish.
Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on top (if desired). It will be easier to spread the frosting over top of the cooled blondies if you leave this off.
Bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
I used these ingredients to make the Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting.
Mix ingredients with an electric mixer or whisk until smooth.
Spread frosting over top of cooled blondies.
Cut blondies into bars to serve. Refrigerate.
Cinnamon Frosted Snickerdoodle Blondies are great treats for any occasion.
Here’s the recipe.
CINNAMON FROSTED SNICKERDOODLE BLONDIES
(Recipe inspired from my Snickerdoodles recipe)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 12-oz. pkg. [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”hershey’s cinnamon chips”]Hershey’s[/url] cinnamon chips[br]
- [b]CINNAMON-SUGAR MIXTURE:[/b][br]
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- Cream shortening, 1 ½ cups sugar, eggs, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, beating well.
- Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Spray a 10×15” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pat the Snickerdoodle mixture into prepared baking dish with your hands.
- Mixture will be dry.
- Stir cinnamon and ½ cup sugar together.
- Sprinkle over top of cookie dough in dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Cinnamon Buttercream Icing.
- Cut into bars to serve.
- ½ cup (1 stick) [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land ‘o lakes”]Land ‘O Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mix ingredients with an electric mixer or whisk until well combined.
- Spread icing over cooled blondies.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Cinnamon Frosted Snickerdoodle Blondies are amazing.
Pass one of these treats around to the folks in your office and they will be gobbled up in an instant.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $49.95Was: $70.00
Price: $14.99Was: $47.00