M&M Chocolate Cookies
Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2014
It doesn’t get any better than this. M&M Chocolate Cookies. Yum. These delightful chocolate cookies are filled with M&M’s providing a crunchy, chocolaty sugar high to die for! If you love chocolate you will seriously drool over these jewels. I purposely looked for M&Ms that weren’t Christmas red and green, because I like the regular colors better! But I will admit the packages I purchased were skimpy on reds and greens. 🙁
Our Christmas Cookie Extravaganza has been a real adventure this year. We actually made two gluten free recipes: Coconut Date Balls and Ghirardelli Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies. Both are so, so good. I’ve also made a lot of bars this year, and more chocolate cookies than I’ve ever made before.
I’ve been really happy with how all of the cookies I’ve baked have turned out. I didn’t make a lot with icing or sandwich cookies. Only one. My Pumpkin Cranberry Cookies. But there have been plenty of gooey things for everyone on our Christmas giving list who enjoys gooey desserts.
M&M Chocolate Cookies are relatively easy to make and they sure are festive for holiday baking. I used a basic chocolate dough and added loads of M&M’s. I used 1 1/2 cups in the cookie dough itself and then another half cup I pressed into the cookies before baking. So each M&M Chocolate Cookie is loaded with scrumptious, chocolaty taste.
M&M Chocolate Cookies are fabulous for holiday parties and Christmas cookie exchanges. They’re also great for tailgating parties, baby showers, or anytime you are craving a sweet, chocolate dessert.
I highly recommend M&M Chocolate Cookies and hope you consider making a batch this year. They will surely satisfy any sweet tooth craving. And, all your friends and family will be coming back for more!
M&M Chocolate Cookies are so incredibly good.
These cookies are great for holiday baking or tailgating parties.
We loved M&M Chocolate Cookies and believe you will too!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened butter in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, cocoa, eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until creamy.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add 1 1/2 cups M&M chocolate candies.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Bake cookies at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cookies test done. Rotate cookie sheets on racks every six minutes while baking.
M&M Chocolate Cookies are kid friendly. You’re family will love these tasty treats.
M&M Chocolate Cookies are so wonderful you may want to eat a stack like this in one sitting. 🙂
Chocolate lover’s will love these cookies!
Here’s the recipe.
M&M’S CHOCOLATE COOKIES
(Recipe inspired from my Reese’s Peanut Butter Candy Chocolate Cookies)
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land ‘o lakes”]Land ‘O Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp.[url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Extra-Rich-Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”vanilla extract”] McCormick’s[/url] real vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.nestleusa.com/brands/chocolate” target=”_blank” title=”nestle’s toll house cocoa”]Nestle’s[/url] Tollhouse cocoa
- 3 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”goldmedalflour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens cookies and cakes)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.mymms.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=m%26ms&utm_content=MMs_Exact&utm_campaign=S.B.MMs&cvosrc=ppc.google.m%26ms&matchtype=e&searchntwk=1&c3apiks=2029151&gclid=CjwKEAiAqMajBRCdjejki6yjuDwSJACQeVukC6kcSCMOKjnCQYm8TI8EZS3mLldm0L95yoiMKvlogRoCGzvw_wcB” target=”_blank” title=”M&Ms”]M&M[/url] chocolate candies, divided use
- Measure out about ½ cup M&M candies.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour and remaining M&M candies.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place about 4 M&Ms candies into the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cookies test done.
- Cool in cookie sheets for a few minutes before removing to wire racks.
M&M Chocolate Cookies are a chocolate lover’s delight and an M&M lover’s delight.
Don’t M&M Chocolate Cookies look marvelous?
It’s time to sit down with a glass of milk and enjoy a few of these treats.