Monster Cookies are amazing. They’re called Monster Cookies because they are huge! These delicious Taste of Home peanut butter cookies have M&Ms, butterscotch chips, peanuts, and oatmeal. What’s not to like with that combination??!! Your kids will love these cookies. If you love peanut butter and chocolate with butterscotch thrown into the mix you need to make these.
Monster Cookies are great for holiday baking because everyone loves these cookies. They are so filled with chocolaty goodness, peanut butter goodness, peanut goodness, oatmeal goodness and butterscotch goodness! You can use Christmas colored M&M’s or regular.
Either way they turn out great. Monster Cookies are also great for birthday celebrations, tailgating parties or any time you have family gatherings.
If you’re looking for a dynamite cookie to wow your family or company, then Monster Cookies will sure do it! Give them a try. You’ll be in seventh heaven!
When I initially posted this recipe in June 2012, I had only been blogging for a couple of weeks. I remade the recipe for a silent auction for our school later in October that same year. But the pictures were taken with a poor quality iPhone 3 camera. IPhone’s have their purpose and the later models are better, but they’re not conducive to food photography.
As a result, my pictures were blurry, grainy and dark. I recently remade this recipe (November 2015) for some friends who are going to be moving into our new neighborhood this week. I actually made the cookies and froze them. This time I used regular M&Ms (my favorite over holiday colored M&Ms). But other than that, I pretty much followed the initial recipe that our family loves.
These Monster-sized Cookies are filled with peanut butter, butterscotch chips, M&Ms, peanuts and oatmeal!
Here’s a look at these fabulous Monster Cookies.
Monster Cookies are great for birthdays and tailgating parties.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter and put in large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking soda.
Cream mixture with mixer until well mixed.
Add oatmeal, M&Ms, butterscotch chips and salted peanuts.
Stir ingredients together to combine. Allow ingredients to rest 10 minutes before adding flour.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods.
Stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
Scoop mixture with an ice cream or cookie scoop and place several inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Press additional M&Ms into the top of each cookie.
Bake cookies between 12-15 minutes or until done.
Monster Cookies have great peanut butter taste.
Here’s a close up view of these tasty treats. The tastes of chocolate, peanut butter, peanuts, and butterscotch chips permeate every bite. Yum, yum, delicious!
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Ultimate Cookie Collection Cookbook)
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.mymms.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=m+and+ms&utm_content=MMs_Exact&utm_campaign=S.B.MMs&cvosrc=ppc.google.m%20and%20ms&matchtype=e&searchntwk=1&c3apiks=2029146&gclid=CjwKEAiA74qkBRCdrM-6or7U73QSJABCDL9pGwvl-lN4s57JSaB-8osHlezB2k9O_YWPKXoMDcFLmhoCEMHw_wcB” target=”_blank” title=”m&M candies”]M&M’s[/url], plus more to place on top of the cookies
- 1 cup Nestle’s Toll House butterscotch chips, plus more to place on top of the cookies
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, sugars, egg, baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, M&Ms, butterscotch chips and peanuts, (the dough will be crumbly).
- Allow mixture to rest 10 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Scoop with a one-quarter cup ice cream or cookie scoop.
- Place dough on greased baking sheets, about 9 cookies on each sheet.
- Gently flatten cookies.
- Press a few extra M&Ms on top.
- Bake at 325˚ for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Consider making up a batch of Monster Cookies for your holiday baking.
Monster Cookies are great for tailgating parties. Everyone always raves over these cookies.