Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes
2013 – Gluten Free Living
Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes are a sugar high waiting to explode! A week or so ago I was wondering how pancakes would taste with cinnamon chips in them. Prepare yourself for a sugar high like no other! They taste like eating cinnamon rolls with lots of syrup instead of powdered sugar icing–still amazing and wonderful…and yes there are a few calories in this recipe! In rolling out all my gluten free pancake recipes, I thought I would include this one as well.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes are a great family treat for Saturday or Sunday breakfasts or if you decide to have breakfast for dinner. But I would recommend you add something salty to the menu like bacon, ham or sausage, some fried potatoes, or sausage gravy and biscuits to counteract the extraordinary sweetness in this recipe!
The original recipe does not include sugar in the batter and believe me, you won’t need any. By the time you add cinnamon chips to the batter, garnish the tops of the pancakes with more cinnamon chips, and then drench all the pancakes with maple syrup you will have plenty of sweet taste and adding sugar or honey to the batter will just be overkill.
If you don’t have to worry about using gluten free batter I recommend Krusteaz as our favorite pancake batter. Just follow the directions with my additions. Why not try out these delicious Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes the next time you have a special breakfast for your family. You will be glad you did.
When I initially published this recipe in March 2013, it was right after I purchased my Canon camera, but before I was competent enough to take pictures with it! Instead, I used an iPhone camera for a few months before I got up the courage to use my Canon.
As a result, the pictures were grainy, blurry, and just not very appetizing. To this end, I’ve been going through all my first year recipes and remaking them in order to reshoot the pictures so they are more desirable and appetizing. I recently remade this recipe (June 2015) and did just that! These pancakes are so scrumptious you won’t be able to get enough of them! Try them today!
These delicious Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes will satisfy any sweet tooth cravings you’ve had.
Each pancake has lots of cinnamon chips in it. With the cinnamon in the pancakes and the cinnamon chips on top you get a triple cinnamon effect with these scrumptious pancakes!
To serve these fabulous pancakes: stack pancakes, garnish with more cinnamon chips and pour maple syrup over top. Yum, yum!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Pour gluten free flour into a bowl. Add egg, cinnamon, coconut oil and vanilla.
Add milk. Whisk to combine.
Pour pancake batter into pan. Add cinnamon chips. Press cinnamon chips down into the batter with a fork. This will prevent them from sticking to the pan and scorching when you turn the pancakes over.
Turn the pancakes over and cook a couple of minutes on the other side.
To serve: Stack pancakes. Add cinnamon chips on top as garnish. Pour maple syrup over top and enjoy!
Enjoy gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes with a glass of cold milk as part of a spectacular holiday breakfast!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes are so sweet that a little side of bacon and hashbrowns would provide the saltiness to balance out the sugar. Yeah that will just about do it for a hearty weekend breakfast.
You will be drooling over every bite of these scrumptious pancakes.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON CHIP PANCAKES
(My own concoction)
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/” target=”_blank”]Pamela’s[/url] gluten free pancake mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cinnamon chips, plus more for garnish
- maple syrup for garnish
- Whisk together the pancake mix, milk, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- If you like your pancakes thinner, add an additional ½ cup of milk.
- Heat griddle or skillet.
- Lightly grease or spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon pancake mix carefully into skillet.
- Sprinkle cinnamon chips over top of the pancakes and press down with your finger or fork to get the chips submerged into the batter as much as possible. That way when you turn the pancakes the cinnamon chips will not stick and scorch on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook pancakes on medium heat about 4-5 minutes or until bubbles form on the top and the pancake is almost cooked through (but don’t let the pancakes brown on the bottom!)
- Turn pancakes over and brown other side for about 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, place pancakes on top of plates.
- Sprinkle with more cinnamon chips.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Makes 6 5-6” pancakes.
Don’t these look amazing? These are like eating cinnamon rolls in pancake form!
Are you drooling yet? I am. Time to whip up a batch of Gluten Free Cinnamon Chip Pancakes for yourself!