Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars
Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars are amazing. Orangesicle cookie mix is filled with dried fruits like mango, pineapple and papaya. Then you add coconut and vanilla chips. The bars are iced with orangesicle icing and sprinkled with toasted coconut. These cookies are absolutely spectacular! Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars are such a lovely dessert. If you love orange-flavored anything, you will find these delicious bar-type cookies scrumptious and mouthwatering.
We had a large celebration luncheon at our church last Sunday and some of the folks working the facilities were exhausted after all the set up and take down. I thought I would make up some goodies to say a special thanks to some of those involved.
Every time I’ve been to the grocery store, the box of Orangesicle Cookie Mix has been calling my name! I’ve been thinking about making this dessert for some time and just needed an excuse to do so! I thought the addition of the dried fruits, coconut and vanilla chips would turn this cookie mix into a culinary delight and I was right! Everyone who sampled these bars thought they were sensational.
This is an amazing bar-type cookie loaded with orangesicle frosting and coconut. Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars are an excellent choice for tailgating parties, holiday baking or anytime your sweet tooth is calling! You will be drooling over these bars before you even finish one bite.
Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars are sensational!
These mouthwatering and delicious bar-type cookies should be on your dessert menu soon.
These bar-type cookies are great for tailgating parties or anytime you have parties.
Here’s what I did.
These are the ingredients I used for these bars.
Mix cookie mix, egg, butter and water.
Mix with an electric mixer or whisk to combine.
Add dried mango, pineapple and papaya, vanilla chips, coconut and dried orange peel.
Combine ingredients with a wooden spoon.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread cookie mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Spread a can of orangesicle frosting over top of the cooled bars.
Toast coconut in oven or toaster oven at 350 for about 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle toasted coconut over top of orangesicle frosting.
Everyone loved these amazing dessert bars.
Consider making a batch of these goodies for your holiday baking.
Vanilla chips, coconut, dried fruit and orange peel just pop in flavor.
Here’s the recipe.
TROPICAL ORANGE CREAMSICLE BARS
(My own concoction)
- 1 box [url href=”http://www.pillsbury.com/” target=”_blank” title=”pillsbury”]Pillsbury[/url] orangesicle premium cookie mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup finely diced dried pineapple
- ½ cup finely diced dried mango
- ½ cup finely diced dried papaya
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup Hershey’s vanilla chips
- Mix cookie mix, butter, egg and water with a whisk to combine.
- Add dried fruits, coconut, vanilla chips and orange peel and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread cookie mix into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° approximately 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely.
- Frost with Tropical Orangesicle Icing.
- 1 16-oz. can [url href=”http://www.pillsbury.com/” target=”_blank” title=”pillsbury”]Pillsbury[/url] creamy supreme orangesicle frosting
- ½ cup coconut, toasted
- Toast coconut in 350° oven or toaster oven for about 5-10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Spread canned frosting on cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut for garnish.
- Allow icing to set at least 15 minutes before cutting into bars.
Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars are a fabulous treat for birthday parties, baby showers and other special occasion brunches.
Don’t Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars look terrific?
You won’t have any left if you pass these around to share with others!