M&M Funfetti Bars
M&M Funfetti Bars are some of the most scrumptious dessert bars you’ll ever eat. A delicious confetti cake mix is mixed with M&Ms and baked up to perfection. Then the bars are spread with vanilla buttercream icing, sprinkled with funfetti and more M&Ms are added on top. They are chocolaty, super-sweet, and decadent. M&M Funfetti Bars are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving and are a great dessert for entertaining.
Last Sunday we had a large group over for a pool party. We had plenty of people bringing sides, but only a few who signed up to bring desserts. I decided to whip this one up on the spur of the moment. John’s office staff had given him a large bag of M&Ms when he had his hip replacement surgery a couple of months ago.
They had been staring at me every time I looked at that spot on the counter. I knew it was time to do something with them. I love confetti cake mix batter as a starter for cookies. When you load them up with M&Ms, frost them with lots of vanilla buttercream icing, and load them up with more M&Ms, well something magical happens!
Certainly these dessert bars are very sweet so you can only eat a few bites at a time! 😉 But if you love M&Ms and a confetti cake mix taste, then these M&M Funfetti Bars are for you! Each bite is breathtaking. These are great for baby or bridal showers, tailgating parties, and holiday baking. These fabulous cookies just seem to dissolve in your mouth. Better give them a try soon!
I initially posted this recipe in May 2014. However, I tried to take the pictures without refrigerating the bars first. They were really sloppy looking so the pictures were pretty abysmal. I recently remade this recipe (June 2019) for our college group Bible study. But I actually refrigerated the dessert overnight before taking the pictures. They were a lot cleaner that way.
These brownies were a big hit with everyone. I’m sure they’ll be a hit with your family too.
M&M Funfetti Bars are incredibly sweet.
If you love M&Ms you’ll love these wonderful dessert bars.
These luscious dessert bars are rich, decadent, and oh, so chocolaty!
Funfetti + M&Ms = A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Pour funfetti cake mix into a mixing bowl. Add egg and oil.
Add milk or half-and-half rather than water for richer flavor.
Whisk ingredients together to combine.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Spread batter into a greased 9×13″ baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
After bars have cooled completely (about an hour), spread with canned vanilla buttercream frosting.
Sprinkle funfetti sprinkles over top of icing.
Spread M&Ms over top of bars. Refrigerate a few hours or even overnight before cutting into bars.
M&M Funfetti Bars are super rich and decadent.
These are great bars to make for the summer holidays.
Ooey, gooey, and delicious!
You’ll be drooling over every bite. 🙂
Here’s the recipe.
M&M FUNFETTI BARS
(My own concoction)
- 1 [url href=”http://www.duncanhines.com/” target=”_blank” title=”duncan hines”]Duncan Hines[/url] Confetti cake mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Easter flavor/color [url href=”http://www.mms.com/#product” target=”_blank” title=”m&ms”]M&Ms[/url] (regular and oblong mix)
- 1 can [url href=”http://www.pillsbury.com/” target=”_blank” title=”pillsbury”]Pillsbury[/url] Funfetti vanilla frosting
- Easter flavor/color [url href=”http://www.mms.com/#product” target=”_blank” title=”m&ms”]M&Ms [/url]for garnish
- Mix cake mix, egg, canola oil and milk with a whisk to combine.
- Stir in the cup of M&Ms with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a 9×13” greased baking pan.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Spread vanilla frosting over top bars.
- Sprinkle with funfetti pieces.
- Then garnish the top of the bars with Easter M&Ms as desired.
Aren’t you ready to dig into one of these M&M Funfetti Bars right now?
Take a plate of these dessert bars to your office party and watch them disappear!
Look at all those M&Ms. If you’re an M&M lover, this dessert is addictive!