Teresa’s Bake Shop – Christmas Cookie Extravaganza – 2014
M&M Funfetti Cookies are incredibly spectacular. Here is my last Christmas cookie recipe for our Christmas Cookie Extravaganza, 2014. This delectable cookie is filled with both sprinkles and M&M’s for a wonderful, chocolaty flavor that’s heavenly.
This basic chocolate chip cookie recipe is upgraded to spectacular when you use M&M’s instead of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bars! Just saying. Sprinkles provide beauty as well as tiny bursts of flavor! The combination is deadly if you’re trying to watch your weight! M&M Funfetti Cookies are so good it’s hard to stop at just one.
When I took Christmas gifts up to John’s office a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to include some additional Christmas cookies because they enjoy the treats. I had so many M&M’s left over from Christmas cookie baking that I decided to make M&M Gooey Butter Cake Bars and these marvelous cookies. Needless to say, the cookies were a big hit, and the gals in John’s office oohed and ahhhed over all the cookies as much as any of the other gifts.
These are delicious cookies for holiday baking, tailgating parties, birthdays or special occasions. Of course, it goes without saying that if you love chocolate, these festive M&M Funfetti Cookies are sure to be a delight. They have great texture and, really, who can resist M&M’s? These cookies don’t take all that long to make either.
I made whopper-sized cookies so mine took a little longer to bake than most cookies. If yours are smaller make sure you reduce the baking time. If you have leftover M&M candy from the Christmas season, this is a great way to use them up! That is, if you don’t eat them all before baking the cookies!
M&M Funfetti Cookies are a delectable treat your family will love.
M&M Funfetti Cookies are great for tailgating parties.
I love all the rainbow sprinkles in these cookies!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Measure out 1 cup of M&M’s for the dough and and set the remaining M&M’s aside.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add M&M’s and Rainbow Sprinkles.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
With a one-quarter cup scoop, scoop dough and place on greased cookie sheets. Press reserved M&M’s in the tops of each cookie.
Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until done. These were whopper sized cookies. If you make smaller cookies, decrease the cooking time.
These make great cookies to grab when you’re watching movies or sporting events on TV.
M&M Funfetti Cookies are excellent for holiday baking.
M&M Funfetti Cookies will have you drooling after the first bite!
Here’s the recipe.
M&M FUNFETTI COOKIES
(Recipe inspired from my Chocolate Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies)
- 3 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens cookies)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land o’ lakes unsalted butter”]Land O’Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”pure vanilla extract”]McCormick[/url] pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles (I used jimmies)
- 12.6-oz. bag (about 1 ½ cups) milk chocolate [url href=”http://www.mymms.com/” target=”_blank” title=”m&m’s”]M&M’s[/url], divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Measure out 1 cup of M&M’s for the cookie dough.
- Set aside remaining M&M’s to place on top of cookies before baking.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cream the sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, M&M candies, and rainbow jimmie sprinkles with wooden spoon.
- Scoop dough with a ¼ cup ice cream scoop and place onto sprayed baking sheets, about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
If you serve a plate of these cookies to your guests, they’ll be gone in no time.
Don’t M&M Funfetti Cookies look terrific?
M&M Funfetti Cookies are sure to cure any sweet tooth craving you have.