Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins
Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins need to be on your breakfast menu immediately! I really enjoy eating raspberries. I eat them plain as a snack during the day, or added to salads, sweet desserts and breakfast items. I add them to yogurt with other fruits and nuts for a delicious breakfast. I certainly enjoy raspberries in pies, cakes, cobblers, cookies, and anything sweet, including muffins.
I was asked a few months ago to prepare a breakfast for a Ladies’ Conference at our church for about 80 gals. I knew I wanted to use this basic recipe, but with raspberries and almonds instead of blackberries and pecans. I know that raspberries and almonds work really well together, because they’re absolutely fabulous in my Raspberry Almond Bars recipe. So I tried them in this excellent muffin recipe and these muffins turned out so spectacular, even exceeding my high expectations. Even though raspberries tend to be quite tart, there’s quite a bit of sugar in this recipe so the muffins don’t taste too tart like they might otherwise.
I made seven different versions of this recipe for our Ladies’ Conference and the Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins were the first to go! I had so many people tell me they LOVED these muffins. These muffins use both fresh raspberries and raspberry Greek yogurt. Then they have a streusel topping including brown sugar and almonds. Finally, after the muffins are baked they’re drizzled with a luscious vanilla cream icing.
I assure you every mouthful of Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins is so satisfying that you will want to include this recipe for all of your holiday or special occasion breakfasts, like Mother’s Day, Easter, birthdays, baby showers, office parties or brunches. But why not surprise your family with these muffins some Saturday morning for breakfast? Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins will satisfy every sweet tooth craving, but I warn you in advance: You may find these muffins highly addictive! 🙂
Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins are lip-smacking good!
Raspberries and almonds go so well together in these delightful muffins.
Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins make a great breakfast treat for holiday and special occasion breakfasts.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the muffin batter.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, raspberry Greek yogurt, eggs, salt, baking powder, baking soda, heavy whipping cream and vanilla.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add raspberries.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine. Do not overmix the batter.
I used these ingredients for the streusel topping.
Stir streusel ingredients to combine.
Spray muffin tins with a cooking spray that has flour. I used Pillsbury. Spoon muffin batter into tins up to the top of the muffin tin. Evenly divide the streusel topping over each muffin and pat into the muffin batter so crumb ingredients adhere.
Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool at least 10 minutes before adding glaze.
I used these ingredients to make the vanilla cream icing.
Whisk ingredients to combine.
Spoon icing ingredients into a zip lock bag. Seal bag and cut off a very small tip in one corner. Pipe icing over top cooled muffins.
There is more than enough icing for all the of the muffins. Drizzle icing over top in any pattern you desire.
Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins will make a wonderful Mother’s Day breakfast treat.
Here’s the recipe.
RASPBERRY ALMOND STREUSEL MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- [b]STREUSEL TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal [/url]UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.fishernuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”fisher nuts”]Fisher[/url] sliced almonds[br]
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5.3-oz. container [url href=”http://www.chobani.com/” target=”_blank” title=”chobani”]Chobani[/url] raspberry Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. [url href=”http://www.bordendairy.com/” target=”_blank” title=”borden heavy whipping cream”]Borden[/url] heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 12-oz. fresh raspberries[br]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. [url href=”http://www.bordendairy.com/” target=”_blank” title=”borden heavy whipping cream”]Borden[/url] heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- The mixture will be crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray muffin pans with Baker’s Joy or Pillsbury nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.[br]
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt and whipping cream and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in flour and raspberries gently with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just moistened.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter into prepared muffin tins all the way up to the top.
- Crumble the crumb topping over each muffin and press the topping down gently into the muffins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°.
- Adjust heat to 350° and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool about 10 minutes.
- Add glaze. [br]
- Whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Allow muffins to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tins.
- Remove muffins from baking tins and place on wire rack.
- Place glaze mixture in a zip lock bag and cut off corner.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
We loved the way Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins turned out. The almonds add a nice crunchiness in the topping.
Don’t Raspberry Almond Streusel Muffins look delish?