Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars
I have to admit Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars are some of the best blondies I’ve ever eaten, and the first time I’ve ever eaten any kind of bar with strawberry flavoring. I’m not sure why. I love strawberries and I like them in everything–salad, cookies, cinnamon rolls, cheesecake, cobbler, dessert, jello, pancakes, muffins, coffeecake, crepes, pie, breakfast cobbler and shortcake. But for whatever reason I’ve just never made many bars or blondies with strawberries. These luscious blondies start with a box of Strawberry Supreme cake mix. Then the bars are layered with white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk before putting more of the batter on top and baking the blondies.
Strawberries and white chocolate go so well together. I knew after I made a batch of Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars that I would have to try that quick and easy recipe in many other flavors as well. So I tried it with strawberry cake mix and what a delight that turned out to be. If you make these blondies, look for real white chocolate chips with cocoa butter in the ingredients.
Don’t use merely white vanilla chips. Not that blondies made with white vanilla chips won’t turn out great, too, but you won’t get the rich chocolate taste from white chocolate chips if you use vanilla chips instead. White chocolate chips make this blondie so special.
When John and I were in Arizona last month for a quick dinner meeting we stopped and had lunch with some friends, former trustees from John’s office. We gave them a batch of these cookies and they oohed and awed over them the whole time. John and I watched as they enjoyed every morsel of the ones they each had for dessert.
The nice thing about these blondies is they can easily be frozen and you can pull out one whenever you want to eat (so you don’t overindulge). 🙂 Thankfully, I only sampled them, because otherwise I would have eaten a lot more than my share. As it was, our friends liked the idea of freezing them since we gave them a large container and there’s only the two of them now.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert to make for any summer holiday party, Valentine’s Day or even Christmas baking, then you ought to consider these festive and lovely Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars. Every bite is so scrumptious you will enjoy making these for your family and friends over and over again.
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars are some of the best strawberry blondies you’ll ever eat.
These lovely blondies are ooey, gooey and delicious.
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars are great for tailgating parties, summer picnics or any time you get together with friends.
Here’s what I did.
I used these 7 ingredients.
Place softened butter into a mixing bowl. Add egg, sugar, strawberry cake mix and milk.
Mix ingredients with a whisk until combined.
Spray a 9×9″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the strawberry batter into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and then pour half a can of condensed milk over top.
Spread remaining strawberry better over top of condensed milk with a knife.
Bake at 350 for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars are so festive–they’re great for holiday baking, too.
Every bite of Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars is so mouthwatering you’ll be hard pressed to stop at just one.
Here’s the recipe.
STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE GOOEY BARS
(Recipe inspired from my Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars)
- 1 15.25-oz. pkg. [url href=”http://www.pillsbury.com/” target=”_blank”]Pillsbury[/url] Strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (not premiere white baking chips)
- half of a14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cake mix, butter, sugar, egg and milk with a whisk until well combined.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Spray a 9×9” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread about half of the batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with all of the white chocolate chips.
- Pour condensed milk over top of the white chocolate chips as evenly as possible.
- Spoon remaining dough in dabs over top of the condensed milk and spread very gently with a knife to cover as much of the surface area as possible.
- (You won’t be able to cover all of the top, but most of it will be well covered).
- Bake at 350° for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
If you enjoy white chocolate it goes so well with strawberry flavor.
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars are so quick and easy to make, they can be whipped up in no time.