Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Gluten Free Living – 2016
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins have to be one of my all time favorite muffin recipes. These lovely muffins start with one of my best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipes, but I substituted gluten free flour for regular flour. The muffins turned out superbly, even beyond my expectations. They had a wonderful texture and all those chocolate chips softened with baking so the muffins were gooey, chocolaty and just spectacular. This is also a great way to use up overripe bananas.
I love chocolate chips in everything. Particularly in cookies, brownies, cakes, pancakes, breads and certainly in muffins. Of course, chocolate makes anything better, but I have to admit I’m partial to muffins or breads with chocolate chips in them. And anytime I can have pancakes with chocolate chips in them, I am in seventh heaven. Adding chocolate chips to muffins is the next best thing in my opinion.
A friend at our church opened up a new coffee shop a few months ago and I spoke to him about offering some gluten free pastries. I made a batch of these muffins specifically for him to try and serve. I texted him pictures and then brought some of the muffins to him the following day. I got a text back saying they were some of the most delicious muffins he’d ever eaten! On top of that, he asked for the recipe so he could make them for his coffee shop patrons regularly!
I hope you’ll give these fantastic Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins a try soon. They are rich and decadent and a wonderful choice for holiday breakfasts or any time you serve muffins for breakfast. They’re a great option for any in your family who have gluten intolerance. But after one bite of these muffins you’ll never believe they’re gluten free. 🙂
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins is one of my favorite muffin recipes.
I loved how chocolaty and gooey these muffins turned out.
These muffins are out-of-this-world!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt butter. Add sugar, egg, vanilla, baking powder, salt, milk and mashed bananas.
Whisk ingredients to combine. It’s okay for the bananas to have lumps.
Add Pamela’s gluten free baking and pancake mix and chocolate chips.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease muffin tins with oil or a gluten free cooking spray. Spread muffin batter into muffin tins to the top. Sprinkle about 15-20 additional chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool in muffin tins a few minutes before removing.
Serve Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with your favorite breakfast dishes.
You will find these muffins gobbled up right away!
If you’re looking for a fantastic gluten free muffin, then Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins should be on your list to try.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- 3 cups [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/” target=”_blank”]Pamela’s[/url] gluten free baking and pancake mix or gluten free Artisan bread flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional chocolate chips for top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Melt butter.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt, bananas, egg, vanilla and milk in a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk.
- It’s okay to leave some of the lumps from the bananas.
- Add flour and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spray 8 large muffin tins or 14 regular muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter evenly into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle additional chocolate chips over top of batter.
- (I added about 15-20 chocolate chips on top of each muffin).
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to 350°.
- Continue baking an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- Yield: 8 extra large muffins or about 14-16 regular sized muffins.
Chocolate and bananas work so well together in muffins.
I assure you, you’ll drool over one bite of these delicious muffins.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are mouthwatering.