Tropical Trail Mix Cookies
Tropical Trail Mix Cookies are something special. These amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with Trail Mix. That’s right. Not regular trail mix either. Tropical Trail Mix includes pineapple, mango, banana, papaya, craisins, raisins, cashews and almonds. Add a bag of miniature chocolate chips and you have a concoction made in heaven. 🙂
In early June, I wanted to make up some goodies for a long time associate in ministry who worked with my husband. I had so many bags of Tropical Trail Mix on hand that I decided to throw some of the mix in with the cookies. My husband loved them. I didn’t chop up anything – even the bananas. But at the high cooking temperatures they soften somewhat so it’s not like biting into a rock or anything!
We get this Tropical Trail Mix in that snack section at Walmart. So whether you enjoy eating it for snacks or want to enjoy a cookie version, it’s a delightful treat even your kids will enjoy.
Tropical Trail Mix Cookies are delightful.
These cookies are filled with lots of tropical fruit as well as miniature chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chips make everything better!
Enjoy a bite now!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. Tropical Trail Mix is carried in any Walmart store.
Soften butter. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda, sea salt and real vanilla extract. Yes, that’s a whole TABLESPOON of real vanilla extract. No imitations.
Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add unbleached all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add miniature chocolate chips and Tropical Trail Mix.
Stir, stir, stir, stir until the mixture is not only combined but starts to form large clumps. Really work all of the flour into the dough. This will take 4 to 5 minutes to do thoroughly by hand.
Pack the dough into a large cookie scoop before leveling off. Place on UNGREASED cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. If the dough crumbles out of the scoop, either the cookie dough wasn’t stirred long enough or it wasn’t packed into the cookie scoop well enough.
Bake at 350 degrees about 16 minutes. My cookies took about 18 minutes to bake completely. Rotate cookie sheets on racks about every 8 minutes during the baking time.
Tropical Trail Mix Cookies are fruity and chocolaty!
Add a glass of milk and a stack of cookies and you’re good to go!
Tropical Trail Mix Cookies are heavenly.
Are you ready for a bite yet?
Here’s the recipe.
TROPICAL TRAIL MIX COOKIES
(My own concoction)
Tropical Trail Mix Cookies
- 3 large 3/4 sheet pan cookie sheets or as many as needed
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened (3 sticks
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. real vanilla extract (tablespoon not teaspoon)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (Bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 12 oz. pkg. miniature chocolate chips
- 3 cups Tropical Trail Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt with electric beaters until smooth.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips and Tropical Trail Mix.
- With a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and pack into scoop.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets approximately 2-inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Rotate cookies on racks every seven to eight minutes while baking.
- Cool cookies about 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Tropical Trail Mix adds delectable flavor to a Chocolate Chip Cookie!
You’ll swoon over every bite of these fantastic cookies.
Tropical Trail Mix Cookies will be great for holiday baking too!
Every bite will knock your socks off!