Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
Gluten Free Living – 2022
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are just so awesome! Over the past 12 years I’ve tried lots of gluten free products. But gluten free flour has become better and better over the years. The taste is better, the texture is better, the consistency is better and it just works a lot better in recipes than it did 12-15 years ago when the products first started coming out. These luscious cookies include Krusteaz gluten free flour.
I load these fantastic cookies up with TWO bags of miniature chocolate chips, plusTWO cups of finely diced almonds. While many people are allergic to peanuts and many tree nuts, most are not allergic to almonds. (Sorry for those of you who are). 🙁 These gluten free cookies had the same body as my regular Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies but obviously made with gluten free flour instead. Truthfully, it’s really hard to taste the difference between the two.
This is a terrific cookie for family gatherings especially since more and more people have family members or friends with either full blown Celiac or gluten intolerance. I recommend it for tailgating parties, potlucks and certainly this year’s Christmas Cookie Exchange. And if you’ve never paired chocolate with almonds before – you’re in for a real treat.
We loved how Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies tasted. Even my husband who’s not a big fan of gluten free anything enjoyed these cookies.
I passed these cookies out to several gluten free friends in our neighborhood and all of them gave these cookies a thumbs up!
All that chocolaty goodness in every bite!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add gluten free flour, miniature chocolate chips and finely diced almonds.
Stir, stir, stir with a heavy metal spoon until ingredients are throughly incorporated and large clumps form. This will take about 4-5 minutes to do properly.
Scoop and pack dough into a large cookie scoop before leveling off.
Place cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheets about 3 inches apart.
Bake cookies at 350 degrees about 15-16 minutes or until done. My cookies took about 18 minutes to bake completely because they were so large. Rotate cookie sheets on cook racks in oven every 8 minutes during cooking time.
Add a glass of milk and you’re good to go!
Using gluten free flour did not diminish the texture, taste or experience of these lovely Chocolate Chip Cookies at all.
If you need gluten free desserts, this one is so delightful!
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP ALMOND COOKIES
(My own concoction)
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- 3 18×26" cookie sheet pans
- 1 1/4 cup cookie scoop
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 spatula
- 2 wire cooling racks
- 1 nut chopper to finely dice whole almonds
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened (3 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract (tablespoon NOT teaspoon)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups gluten free flour
- 24 oz. pkg. miniature chocolate chips (two 12-ounce packages)
- 2 cups almonds finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl with electric beaters until smooth.
- Stir in gluten free flour, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Stir thoroughly; this may take 4-5 minutes.
- With a large cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough and pack it into the cookie scoop before leveling it off.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets approximately3-inches apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Rotate cookies on racks every seven to eight minutes while baking.
- Cool cookies about 5 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies are awesome! Wonderful choice for holiday baking, tailgating parties or a Christmas Cookie Exchange.
If you have Celiac Disease or gluten intolerance, you don’t need to be deprived anymore! These cookies will allow you to do your happy dance!
Chocolate and almonds pair so well together. Give these a try today. 🙂
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies