Confetti Cole Slaw
Gluten Free Living – 2023
Confetti Cole Slaw is an outrageously great Cole Slaw! Seriously. This delicious Cole Slaw includes shedded rather than chopped cabbage, carrots, 4 colors of bell peppers, finely diced red onion, celery and pineapple in a sensational sweet Cole Slaw Dressing. It’s absolutely marvelous for any kind of backyard barbecue or potluck function.
Back in the Fall we had a couple of our neighbors over for a cook-out. John grilled ribs and asparagus and I made Creamy Sweet Corn and this fantastic Confetti Cole Slaw. One of our neighbors brought Potato Salad and the others brought coconut and chocolate cream pies from a specialty shop near by. It was one amazing meal and all of our company raved over the Cole Slaw! Who would have thought?
I combined a couple of my favorite Cole Slaw recipes but added several different colors of bell peppers to give the slaw that “confetti” look. I sent some of the leftovers home with our company and they told us later how much they enjoyed it a second time!
Confetti Cole Slaw is a great side dish salad for holidays like Memorial Day or Fourth of July. But it’s really great for potlucks and grilling out with friends like we did. I used bottled sweet Litehouse Cole Slaw Dressing and it was perfect for this recipe. Enjoy.
Confetti Cole Slaw is fantastic. We served it with Grilled Ribs, Grilled Asparagus and Creamy Sweet Corn.
This is a great Cole Slaw to serve for summer holidays, backyard barbecues or potlucks.
If you grow a lot of your own garden produce, this is a fantastic way to use it up and get your kids to eat their veggies!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Shred the cabbage in a food processor.
Place shredded cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
Add shredded carrots, finely diced red onion, diced red, orange, yellow and green bell peppers, diced celery and pineapple tid bits.
Add LiteHouse brand Cole Slaw Dressing.
Stir ingredients to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Confetti Cole Slaw was so good with our neighbors Potato Salad, the Grilled Ribs and Asparagus, Creamy Sweet Corn and Chocolate and Coconut Cream Pies!
Every forkful is not only colorful, but delicious to the taste buds.
The sweet LiteHouse Cole Slaw Dressing made this Cole Slaw unbeatable!
Here’s the recipe.
CONFETTI COLE SLAW
(My own concoction)
Confetti Cole Slaw
- 1 food processor
- 1 large mixing bowl or salad bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 sharp knife to dice vegetables
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 head cabbage shredded
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 8 oz. can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 cup LiteHouse Cole Slaw Dressing or as desired
- Put cabbage and carrots in food processor and slice or shred.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add finely diced bell peppers, celery and the red onion.
- Drain pineapple tidbits and add to salad mixture.
- Add salad dressing and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Confetti Cole Slaw is great for company since it makes a lot!
This Cole Slaw recipe is gluten free for those who have gluten intolerance.
Every bite is delectable. Truly.