Italian Parmesan Chicken Thighs
Gluten Free Living – 2023
Italian Parmesan Chicken Thighs are something special! These delicious chicken thighs include several Italian-style herbs along with Parmesan cheese for a coating.They can be oven ready in about five minutes and take about 45 minutes to bake (depending on the thickness of the boneless, skinless chicken thigh filets. The coating is delicious and the chicken thighs cook up wonderfully.
I’ve been pulling meat out of my freezers weekly to cook up for meals. I stocked up earlier and now it’s time to clear them out! I want to get them almost empty by the time October rolls around and I start our Christmas baking for our yearly Christmas Cookie Extravaganza. Last year the freezers were all packed so it was really difficult pulling off baking treats like I usually do.
So I had a couple of packages of Chicken Thighs. One of the packages was made into Spicy Parmesan Chicken Thighs. I used an old recipe I’ve had for years but added Parmesan cheese to the coating. I really enjoyed that recipe. This version uses basil, oregano, chives, parsley and thyme along with salt and pepper. It was a favorite for both my husband and me.
Italian Parmesan Chicken Thighs are really easy to toss together. They are also great with just about any kind of side dish. Plus, it gives you the option of using a less expensive cut of meat but still enjoying big, delicious taste. We loved the way these Chicken Thighs turned out and hope you do too!
Italian Parmesan Chicken Thighs is a wonderful main dish entree.
This recipe can be oven ready in 5 minutes!
Depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs, these can be cooked in about 45 minutes.
Every forkful is mouthwatering.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place Parmesan cheese on a plate. Add Italian-Style cheese and seasonings.
Stir ingredients well with a fork to combine.
Dredge chicken thighs in coating.
Dredge chicken thighs in seasonings on both sides several times until very well coated.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Add chicken thighs. If desired, sprinkle any remaining coating over top of the chicken thighs. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until chicken tests done.
The basil, oregano, thyme, parsley and chives really make this recipe stand out.
I personally prefer chicken thighs over boneless, skinless chicken breasts. But the coating is good on chicken breasts as well. The chicken breasts will take about an hour to cook.
If you need an easy recipe to make for weeknight dinners, this is it!
Here’s the recipe.
ITALIAN PARMESAN CHICKEN THIGHS
(My own concoction)
Italian Parmesan Chicken Thighs
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 1 sharp knife to trim fat off chicken thighs (if not previously done)
- 1 plate
- 1 fork
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (in a can)
- 1/2 cup Italian Blend Parmesan cheese grated (in a can)
- 8 boneless chicken thigh fillets trimmed of any excess fat
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Trim off any fat from the chicken fillets; discard. Trim off any fat from the chicken fillets; discard.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine seasonings and Parmesan cheeses on a plate.
- Stir well to combine.
- Dredge chicken thighs in cheese mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in prepared baking dish.
- If desired, sprinkle remaining Parmesan mixture over top of the chicken thighs.
- Bake at 350º approximately 45-50 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º).
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
The Parmesan and Romano cheeses provide a nice coating on the chicken without having to use bread crumbs.
We enjoyed every forkful!
This gluten free recipe is so easy to toss together.
Enjoy Italian Parmesan Chicken Thighs with your favorite side dishes.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
Spicy Parmesan Chicken Thighs