2013 – Gluten Free Living
Easy Grilled Chicken is just the recipe you want on hot summer nights when you don’t want to heat up your house. It’s as easy as can be using only three ingredients. Chicken (skinless chicken breasts or bone-in chicken pieces) along with seasoning salt and barbecue sauce, is all it takes. E-A-S-Y!! 🙂
Last summer we got our first taste of this fantastic chicken recipe. While the originator of the recipe used Accent for the seasoning salt, I used Lawry’s seasoned salt since it doesn’t have MSG. And while those who served this recipe to us used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce to coat the chicken, I used KC Masterpiece Original sauce instead.
I actually had some Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce but I wanted to use up this other BBQ sauce before opening a new bottle! However, if you want to keep the recipe gluten free, you’ll have to find a gluten free barbecue sauce at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods Market or Sprouts.
This mouthwatering way to prepare chicken is first seasoned, grilled and then slathered with Honey Barbecue Sauce (or use the BBQ sauce of your choice) before finishing. It’s very simple, yet really tasty.
The recipe comes from the son of one of our best friends who we recently caught up with in Black Mountain, North Carolina. This recipe is gluten free providing you check your seasoned salt and BBQ sauce to make sure they don’t use wheat as a filler or thickener.
If you’re looking for tasty ways to grill chicken, ribs, sausage or pork chops then this is a great recipe to use. You won’t find anything easier, and as I’ve stated earlier the taste is superb. Hey, how can you not love a recipe with only three ingredients??!!
When I initially posted this recipe in July 2012 my pictures were deplorable! 🙁 I had only been blogging for a few weeks and used an inferior iPhone 3 for a camera at the time because that’s all I had.
I’ve been remaking all those first year blog recipes so I can retake the pictures and I’ve wanted to make this recipe for awhile, but I’ve been looking for a BBQ sauce that’s sugarless and doesn’t have high fructose corn syrup.
Finally, I found a Homemade Barbecue Sauce that I adapted using honey instead of brown sugar and it turned out quite well. It was also gluten free! I made the sauce and used it when making this dish (April 2016) along with a batch of Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Herb Sauce. Everything was mouthwatering. Hope you give it a try no matter what kind of BBQ sauce you decide to use. Enjoy.
Easy Grilled Chicken has only 3 ingredients! Chicken, BBQ sauce, and seasoned salt!
Does’t Easy Grilled Chicken look sumptuous!
I made Easy Grilled Chicken with a Homemade Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce that was a much healthier version and totally delicious.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Spray your grill with cooking pray to prevent the chicken from sticking. Season both sides of your chicken with seasoning salt. I used Nature’s Seasonings. Any kind will do. Place chicken pieces on grill. Cover and cook about 15-20 minutes.
Turn pieces over and cook until cooked through. These were really large pieces of chicken so they had to cook quite a bit longer.
Once chicken is cooked all the way through, baste with barbecue sauce.
Serve Easy Grilled Chicken on a meat platter with more barbecue sauce on the side, if desired.
Easy Grilled Chicken is just that–EASY!
We love Easy Grilled Chicken and hope you will too.
Here’s the recipe.
EASY GRILLED CHICKEN
(Recipe adapted from Ron Pownall, Black Mountain, NC)
- Skinless chicken pieces: breasts, thighs, legs
- Seasoning salt such as Accent, Lawry’s or Nature’s Seasonings
- [url href=”http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2016/05/02/homemade-kansas-city-style-bbq-sauce/” target=”_blank”]Homemade Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce[/url], or Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce or KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce
- Season both sides of chicken pieces with seasoning.
- Cook on preheated grill at about 350° until one side starts to brown.
- Turn chicken pieces over and cook until done.
- Baste top of chicken pieces with [url href=”http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2016/05/02/homemade-kansas-city-style-bbq-sauce/” target=”_blank”]Homemade Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce[/url] or your favorite BBQ sauce.
- At this point watch chicken pieces closely for burning as the sauce tends to want to burn.
- You may need to turn down the grill.
- It takes 30-45 minutes to cook bone-in chicken to proper internal temperature.
- Check with meat thermometer.
- Baste chicken pieces with more sauce before removing them from the grill.
- Serve hot.
Easy Grilled Chicken is a quick and easy main dish to serve your family in the summer – especially when it’s too hot to run the oven. I served it with Sweet Potato Fries with Garlic Herb Sauce.
The recipe for Easy Grilled Chicken can just as easily be used on sausage, pork chops, ribs, and other meats you want to barbecue. Easy Grilled Chicken has a wonderful taste. Use your favorite barbecue sauce if you don’t like Sweet Baby Rays or KC Masterpiece.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $13.65Was: $15.99
Price: $59.95Was: $66.33