This salad is amazing. It’s chocked full of healthy things like spinach, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mandarin orange segments, cashews, craisins, and Swiss cheese. I serve it with a wonderful homemade dressing called Maple Poppy Seed Dressing or a vegan salad dressing found here. It’s so hearty it’s wonderful as a main dish, but it’s also good served with homemade bread, or as a side for your favorite soup or main dish recipe. Nowadays you can get all these fruits pretty much year round so it makes eating this delicious salad a lot easier than in the days where you could only eat salad in the summer or fall after harvest.
Spinach and Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is so much more than just spinach and strawberries! Actually, it’s a take off on Panera Bread‘s Strawberry & Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing and another recipe called Winter Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. While I usually make it with spinach, any kind of lettuce or greens will work. To make this salad vegan simply eliminate the cheese. To make as a main dish add grilled chicken or steak.
If you’re looking for a marvelous salad to serve for your family or company all the while making sure they get plenty of healthy veggies and fruits in their diets, then certainly consider adding Spinach and Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing to your repertoire. It’s healthy, low calorie, gluten free, and has spectacular taste. Our family loves this salad. It’s one of the few salads that I can eat almost every day and not grow tired of it! You can switch around the lettuce, nuts, cheese and dried fruits on occasion to add more variety. Every way works ! Enjoy.
Spinach and Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is one of our family’s favorite salad recipes.
I just layer all the ingredients and toss before serving.
Here I’m adding Maple Poppy Seed Dressing to my salad. It’s made with NO oil, NO sugar and is healthy, low calorie and gluten free.
Here’s what I did.
Place 16-oz. fresh spinach in a LARGE serving bowl. Add craisins and cashews.
Add Swiss cheese and blueberries.
Add sliced strawberries, pineapple chunks and mandarin orange segments, drained.
Here’s what the salad looks like before I poured dressing over the top.
To serve: Pour Maple Poppy Seed Dressing over the top as desired.
You will drool over every luscious bite of this amazing salad!
Here’s the recipe.
SPINACH AND FRUIT SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 16-oz. container spinach, de-stemmed, if desired
- ¾ cup craisins
- 1 cup cashews (you can also use glazed walnuts or pecans, or honey-toasted almonds)
- 8-oz. bag Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ pt. container blueberries, washed and patted dry
- ½ of a fresh pineapple, chunked, and patted dry (probably about a cup or a cup and a half)
- 16-oz. container strawberries, washed, sliced and patted dry
- 1 14-oz. can mandarin orange segments, drained and patted dry
- Maple Poppy Seed Dressing (or poppyseed dressing of your choice)
- Layer all of the ingredients in a salad bowl (except the dressing).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss before serving.
- Add dressing as desired.
- 2 cups Chobani vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. poppyseeds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well mixed.
- Drizzle over individual salad plates.
- Makes 3 cups salad dressing.
Maple Poppy Seed Dressing wonderfully enhances this salad. Plus, it’s a healthy alternative to Ranch, and other popular dressings filled with preservatives, sugar, high fructose corn syrup and MSG.
Doesn’t this Spinach and Fruit Salad with Maple Poppy Seed Dressing look fantastic? I’m ready to dig into this salad right now! What about you?
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!