Snickers Delight is a spectacular chocolate ice cream dessert that’s unbelievably delicious. It’s actually a knock-off from my Butterfinger Delight recipe substituting chocolate pudding and Snickers ice cream for the vanilla, and substituting Snickers Bars for the Butterfinger Bars in the recipe.
It is rich, decadent, creamy, and has a delicious peanutty caramel taste that you expect from eating Snickers Bars. W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!!! It is as delightful as the name and relatively easy to make, all things considered.
My inspiration for this recipe is Erma Thorn’s Butterfinger Delight recipe as I said earlier. Erma brought the Butterfinger Delight recipe to a potluck at Colonial Hills Baptist Church in Cedar Hill one day and I sampled a little bit of it. Boy, am I glad I did. It was fantastic. This recipe takes the same basic idea as Erma’s Butterfinger Delight and by making a few changes it becomes another decadent and fabulous dessert with a totally different taste.
You will love Snickers Delight. It should definitely become part of your desserts repertoire. You can use different flavors of ice cream and different toppings, if you desire. They all turn out great!
When I initially posted this recipe in September 2012, the pictures were taken with an iPhone 3. The pictures were not anywhere near as clear or crisp as I would have liked. I recently remade this recipe (July 2016) for a staff luncheon at our church’s Christian school. I heard rave reviews (again) about this dessert. Everyone kept coming back for more. 🙂
For those who love ice cream desserts, Snickers Delight is really special.
This outstanding dessert is a Snickers lover’s delight! Everyone is always pleased when I serve this mouthwatering dessert.
This side view of Snickers Delight will give you an idea of how thick this dessert is. This luscious dessert has a graham cracker crust, a layer of Snickers ice cream mixed with chocolate pudding mix, a layer of cool whip, and a layer of Snickers Bars on top. Yummy!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt butter in large mixing bowl. Add sugar and graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
Stir mixture to combine.
Pack down the crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish with the back of the spoon. Place in freezer while you’re making the rest of the recipe.
Soften the Snickers ice cream. This will probably take at least an hour. Add dry chocolate pudding mix.
Mix chocolate pudding mix and ice cream with an electric mixer until the texture is smooth.
Spread chocolate ice cream mixture over top of the graham cracker crust (that you placed in the freezer) and place in the freezer for about an hour to set.
Spread non-dairy whipped topping over top of ice cream layer.
Sprinkle coarsely chopped Snickers bars over top of non-dairy whipped topping. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.
Remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
If you enjoy Snickers Bars you’ll love this dessert. This sensational dessert will WOW all your guests!
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe inspired from Erma Thorn’s Butterfinger Delight recipe, Colonial Hills Baptist Church, Cedar Hill, TX)
- 1 half gallon chocolate ice cream (or any other flavor with chocolate in it, Blue Bell is the best)
- 12 or 16-oz. container cool whip
- 2 small pkgs. instant chocolate pudding and pie filling (dry)
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs
- 4 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
- 19 fun size Snickers Bars
- Mix 2 cups graham cracker crumbs with butter according to package directions and spread into a 9×13” pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- (This is 1 ½ batches of what you would normally use in a 9″ pie shell).
- Cool completely.
- Soften ice cream.
- Using a mixer, mix the two packages of chocolate pudding with the ice cream until well blended.
- Pour over baked and [u]cooled[/u] graham cracker crust.
- Cover, refrigerate approximately 1 hour until mixture is set. (An hour and a half is better—or freeze).
- While dessert is setting up, chop up Snickers Bars into small pieces.
- After the dessert is set, spread cool whip over top and then sprinkle with chopped Snickers Bars.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- (I prefer to freeze this and serve straight from freezer).
Yummy! Ready to serve up. Are you joining me?
Wow your guests with this decadent dessert! Are you drooling yet?
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!