Pumpkin Dump Cake is spectacular! It’s an old-fashioned dump cake where you dump all the ingredients into a pan instead of mixing them but it uses pumpkin instead of fruits. In essence, it’s a pumpkin cobbler. This recipe not only had pecans on top but a cup of Heath English Toffee Bits making the caramel taste really stand out. The nice thing about this dessert is it’s so easy. This recipe is oven-ready in about 8-10 minutes. You can serve it with ice cream, non-dairy whipped topping or with caramel sauce. It tastes fantastic any of these ways.
I served this to a houseful of company a couple of weeks ago and everyone loved it. Several asked me for the recipe. That’s when you know you’ve hit the jackpot! I found the recipe here, and followed it fairly closely except that I increased the Heath English Toffee Bits from a half cup to a full cup and that’s what everyone really loved about Pumpkin Dump Cake–it had such a fantastic toffee flavor in addition to the pumpkin.
I also used pecans instead of graham cracker crumbs. The recipe has a nice pumpkin souffle-type mixture on the bottom. Then it has the crumb-like cake mix topping with pecans and Heath English Toffee Bits. You’d be hard-pressed not to love this recipe.
If you’re tired of pumpkin pie all the time for the holidays, may I suggest you consider this amazing Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe instead? Not only is it wonderful on the taste buds, but it’s so quick and easy to make. You don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen rolling out pie dough when there are so many other things to be doing this time of the year.
I highly recommend you consider stocking up on pumpkin while you can between now and the end of the year so you can make this delicious dessert frequently throughout the entire year! It’s so good you won’t want to be deprived of this delicacy just because pumpkin is out of season and no longer available in stores!
Pumpkin Dump Cake is a spectacular dessert you and your family will love.
Pumpkin Dump Cake is a wonderful tasting dessert. Adding Heath English Toffee Bits adds extravagant flavor to this recipe.
We also served this with ice cream. Yum.
Here’s what I did.
These are the ingredients I used in this recipe.
Place pumpkin in a mixing bowl.
Add evaporated milk.
Add eggs and brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Whisk ingredients to combine.
Pour into a 9×13″ glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Sprinkle a dry yellow cake mix over top. I usually use Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix.
Sprinkle pecan chips over top.
Add a cup of Heath English Toffee Bits and scatter over the top of the cake.
Melt two sticks of butter and pour evenly over the cake as much as possible.
Now the cake is ready for the oven.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until set.
Our guests absolutely LOVED this dessert. Here’s what the inside texture of the cake looks like. To serve: Cut into pieces and transfer to serving plates. Add a caramel glaze, or top with ice cream or non-dairy whipped topping.
A little caramel syrup drizzled over tops makes this cake even more decadent.
The kids liked the little pumpkin candies I put on the cake!
Here’s the recipe.
PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE
(Recipe Adapted from Cookies and Cups)
- 1 [url href=”http://www.duncanhines.com/” target=”_blank” title=”duncan hines cake mix”]Duncan Hines [/url]Golden Recipe Butter cake mix
- 15-oz. can[url href=”http://www.libbys.com/our-products” target=”_blank” title=”libby’s pumpkin”] Libby’s[/url] pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 12-oz. can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.fishernuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”fisher pecan chips”]Fisher[/url] pecan chips
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/heath/english-milk-chocolate-toffee-bits.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”heath english toffee bits”]Heath English Toffee Bits[/url]
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or spray a 9×13” baking dish.
- Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle with pecan chips then Heath English Toffee Bits.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until set.
- Serve with caramel sauce, ice cream, whipped cream, or non-dairy whipped topping.
Look at all that gooey deliciousness!
Drizzle caramel sauce over top, if desired. Then top with ice cream. Yay!
Better hurry. It’ll all be gone in a minute!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon